30Duck

5 Star Mookie Cook Picks Oregon Over Gonzaga and Kentucky

• Thanks 3

Wow.  Whew!  Thanks for posting the great news...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

What can't this kid do well?  The kid got hops, can finish through contact, post up, defend the rim, and shoot threes.  He could be as explosive and dominant a force like a slimmer version of Zion. He will come in handy controlling and cleaning up the boards.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:54 PM, DuckIt said:

What can't this kid do well?  The kid got hops, can finish through contact, post up, defend the rim, and shoot threes.  He could be as explosive and dominant a force like a slimmer version of Zion. He will come in handy controlling and cleaning up the boards.

The ESPN line on him was that he needs work on ball handling, especially in a fixed half court defense, and needs to work on consistent 3s...but c'mon, all youngsters have things they need to work on, so can't really see the downside here.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2022 at 3:04 PM, Badwater said:

The ESPN line on him was that he needs work on ball handling, especially in a fixed half court defense, and needs to work on consistent 3s...but c'mon, all youngsters have things they need to work on, so can't really see the downside here.

I only caught a couple of his highlight videos on youtube and was blown away but they are after all highlights.  So take away what you will.  If the Ducks use him right though, he's not going to need to dribble that much.  He just needs to stay active and move without the ball.

'IF' this group of young men buy into Dana's plan, it could be a special year. Another amazing recruit!

• Thumbs Up 1

Obviously pleased with this commit after Coach Altman basically said if you do not want to put in the work, Oregon might not be the place for you. Bring in hardworking recruits, teach them the system, use the portal sparingly.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:06 PM, Gusduck71 said:

Coach Altman basically said if you do not want to put in the work, Oregon might not be the place for you.

He's been given full disclosure!  So if that kind of talent wants to work hard...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

He's visited and knows what he's in store for:

"I visited all three schools. Coach Altman came to see me play in the eighth grade at the Les Schwab event. Since then he has been recruiting me. ... I was always on campus and I love their facilities."

"Coach Altman is a cool guy," Cook said. "He's laid-back but serious on the court. He is a very receptive person. He listens to his players in-game. Assistant coach Mike Mennenga stayed in strong communication with me the whole process. We built a great relationship."

• Thumbs Up 3

The Ducks are really pulling in some great players on the basketball side of things. Get some good chemistry and hard work going, something special could be brewing.