Vandownbytheriverduck

Feeling Better About Oregon's New Coaching Staff Every Day....

It wasn’t overnight but I’m sensing changes in my level of confidence that this coaching staff is far more dynamic than the previous. 

Dillingham ;“There's nothing wrong with that philosophy it's just not the philosophy I have. I want to try to put our players in the best position to win one on ones with guys as far away from them as possible in the run game. 

"If those guys get too close, we're gonna have to get out of that play, trying to get ourselves in a better play with better numbers, better angles, and better grass."

Theres a lot to unpack from that quote. Can any one point to that level of flexibility in anything MC ever did?  

This coaching staff are dynamic football minds. Right or wrong good or bad yet to be determined but they look at thing differently than the previous admin. 

Better play  Better  angles Better  Grass

Better Grass Ahead indeed. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

With Chip and Mark we use to refer to it as playing in space. Whatever the terminology, it’s good to hear that offensive approach being talked again.

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Haha 1

Sorry, I am either really tired or that just went over my head.  I am not very tall at 5' 6.5", so I am not totally surprised.  

On 4/5/2022 at 8:16 AM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Better Grass Ahead indeed. 

Amen Duck-Brother, as we are hearing the most encouraging things about our offense since....Willie Taggart!  (Before you snarl....even with Herbert hurt--Taggart scored more than Cristobal averaged over his four years)

Under Chip/Helf, we took it for granted and loved it.  And to me...the code for "creating matchups" means the passing game.  It happens with a slot WR on a linebacker or safety for example, or a speedy running back beating a covering linebacker down the sideline for a wheel route.

Fun to watch for!

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck