Jon Joseph

Oregon 'Recruiting Committee?'

Has anyone on OBD contributed to or been asked to contribute to 'the' or 'an' Oregon 'recruiting' committee? A committee designed to help with NIL transactions.

I know at Florida for example fans can contribute a minimum of $9.99 up to $999.99. Perhaps there is a state  cap on what an individual can contribute? Or perhaps, some king of 301(c) charitable cap?

Regardless, to help Ducks recruiting I'd like to contribute a modest and not a Texas A+M-like sum.

Appreciate any information I can get on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Has anyone on OBD contributed to or been asked to contribute to 'the' or 'an' Oregon 'recruiting' committee? A committee designed to help with NIL transactions.

I know at Florida for example fans can contribute a minimum of $9.99 up to $999.99. Perhaps there is a state  cap on what an individual can contribute? Or perhaps, some king of 301(c) charitable cap?

Regardless, to help Ducks recruiting I'd like to contribute a modest and not a Texas A+M-like sum.

Appreciate any information I can get on this.

I'm sorry if I don't understand  what your asking, but if your asking people us regular joe's to give money to players I would say HECK NO. That would be the last string for me. Just my opinion but no way would I ever contribute one dime of my money to this. Phil Knight is like a 47 Billion Dollar man so let him give all the money. Sorry again but this isn't ok period so you got my input.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mai Tai, I get it. But these types of 'committees' are being established across the country and to my knowledge, have been established to help with Oregon recruiting.

I'm not certain that people understand what these committees do? And I hope I am not of bounds here regarding the re-hash of NIL. These committee's in return for the promise of a recruit to play at 'their' school are assigned the player's NIL rights.

They are taking a risk that the recruit will not only add wins to the ledger at their school but that they will be able to market the recruit's rights for more than they are paying the recruit via the initial NIL deal. 

Phil Knight's generosity has been unprecedented. But Phil's contributions have been via facilities for the most part and not encouraging a young man to come play for Oregon for the money.

Again, I get why you would want nothing to do with 'this' but I would be happy to chip into a collective that could help attract a player to decide to play at UO.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:45 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

I'm sorry if I don't understand  what your asking, but if your asking people us regular joe's to give money to players I would say HECK NO. That would be the last string for me. Just my opinion but no way would I ever contribute one dime of my money to this. Phil Knight is like a 47 Billion Dollar man so let him give all the money. Sorry again but this isn't ok period so you got my input.

I totally agree. TOTALLY. 

Seriously? Collectives already set up to help pay for players to come to UO?? If NIL as it is doesn't break the camel's back, this certainly will.

Nobody is asking for money. Simply information. 

I am not aware of an organized effort to collect these types of donations for Oregon athletics. 

I imagine Division Street would know if such a program existed.

WWW.DIVISIONST.COM

On 4/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, McDuck said:

I imagine Division Street would know if such a program existed.

WWW.DIVISIONST.COM

Thank you for the information.

I fall somewhere in-between on this. I couldn't bring myself to donate money directly to incentivize a recruit, but I have zero issues continuing to buy Nike (and Columbia although I don't know their donation status) and let Uncle Phil direct my money to the school as he chooses...not to mention buying jerseys, shirts and other apparel which supports the program.

Those of us that purchase season tickets are required to make a donation the the Duck Athletic Fund. Every year they will send us a brochure with a lot of smiling young faces, thanking us for the donation, but I honestly don't remember what all it goes for. 

Sounds like a "Go Fund Me" campaign.

I believe if you want to play for PAC titles NY6 bowls or a national title we are going to have to "Do as the Jones".

I'm sure all the other big time schools require their season ticket holders to donate to their athletics fund. 

The thing Jon is describing is totally new and therefore needs to be implemented if we as a fan base want our teams to be able to compete with what our outlook is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I too would be willing to have a small part in a collective. 

It is the future. 

Post any info please. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, DimpleDucks said:

If NIL as it is doesn't break the camel's back, this certainly will.

Get off my back! 😂

• Haha 3

Jon was Division Street where to go?

On 4/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

but I honestly don't remember what all it goes for.

Here ya go

DUCKATHLETICFUND.NET

• Thanks 1