30Duck

DeRuyter Will Make An Immediate Impact On The Defense

Great article, and so encouraging about his coaching skills matching up with Oregon's talent--love it!

Noah Sewell_UO Athletics.JPG

Mr. FishDuck

It's nice that DeRuyter will have a bucket full of talented guys to work with. 

There's nothing like getting good news to make one look forward to the fall.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

At this point I'm really excited for the spring game..

The spring game is going to be soooooo interesting this year. 

New defensive coordinator and a new defense with the most talent Oregon has ever had. 

THEN ... Moorhead gets to install his offense in probably the most comprehensive fashion so far with a full compliment of spring practices. So we might see the full potential of the offense. 

Is the spring game here yet? 

44 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

At this point I'm really excited for the spring game..

The spring game is going to be soooooo interesting this year. 

New defensive coordinator and a new defense with the most talent Oregon has ever had. 

THEN ... Moorhead gets to install his offense in probably the most comprehensive fashion so far with a full compliment of spring practices. So we might see the full potential of the offense. 

Is the spring game here yet? 

I'm looking forward to spring. I hope they plan it late because COVID is still very much in play. There will be players missing part of the spring because of protocols. Unfortunately, I do not share your optimism for full compliment of spring practices. I think we will get all the practices in but people will still be missing some.

The good news is that Moorhead isn't starting from scratch. Most of the team will already know quite a bit of the offence, and so much more can be installed than what would have been installed with a full spring last year.

Hopefully the new DC is a good teacher and all our talent can "get it" quickly. Turn the guys loose!!

Equally, we collectively hope that MC turns his Coordinators loose!