David Marsh

Sweet Sweet Husky Tears

conerly-to-oregon.jpg
WWW.SI.COM

The loss of the big Seattle tackle to the Huskies' rival was another blow.

Overall a rather realistic article with some decent reflection about that program to the north. Their misery is absolutely delightful for us Duck fans. 

I can't overstate how big this year has been for Oregon's recruiting wins from the state of Washington. Oregon has taken two major players out of the state which has never happened before. 

Edited by David Marsh
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

As my step-father (a pre-WWII starter on D for the StumpGrinders) used to say in response to fuskie angst, "Cry.My.Hand.Full!

• Haha 1

We all remember the painful smackdown of the 2016 game at Autzen where the fuskies laid 70 on Oregon. That and the following year in Seattle was the payback for them. Short lived it turned out.

• Thanks 1

Football Disneyland?   Seems like a backhanded compliment.  Does that make the UW "Football Enchanted Forest" or maybe "Football Wallyworld"?

image.gif.bbfe2e96bed23c958fd75d1a2a414a69.gif

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, David Marsh said:
conerly-to-oregon.jpg
WWW.SI.COM

The loss of the big Seattle tackle to the Huskies' rival was another blow.

Overall a rather realistic article with some decent reflection about that program to the north. Their misery is absolutely delightful for us Duck fans. 

I can't overstate how big this year has been for Oregon's recruiting wins from the state of Washington. Oregon has taken two major players out of the state which has never happened before. 

Guck the fuskies!

• Haha 1

*huck

As much as I enjoy rubbing Husky snouts in their own droppings, the seismic center of this recruiting win is in LA where Riley has just received his first of hopefully many cold baths dished out from Eugene.

I would say the second after J Florence but definitely the biggest.  USC and Riley did get the best skill players in 22 but not the OL or DL which is always the foundation for the best team.

Go Ducks Fly High