Coach Eric Boles

Coach Boles: What to Watch for on Offense in Spring Football

https%3A%2F%2Fautzenzoo.com%2Fwp-content
AUTZENZOO.COM

Spring is here and this is what Oregon football fans should be watching for on the offensive side of the ball in...

Hey, everyone! For those of you who don’t know, I’ve recently started writing for Autzen Zoo for FanSided. Charles has been gracious enough to let me post my new articles on the board, and this is the first one.

I’m going to keep visiting the forum to chat ball with you guys too! 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Before you all ask why....I do not have the funds to pay writers, thus we have always been all-volunteer.  We have had a ton of writers move on to paying gigs, and I appreciate their time at FishDuck and wish them well. In the end...whether Eric's articles are posted here from FD or from the other site--we all can still read and learn from them!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Great article, lots to look forward to. Can't wait for September! Thanks Coach Boles and Charles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the posting.

This offense has the ability to put up some serious points with what should be above average play from our QB. A veteran laden OL,  receivers and TE’s that could be among the best in the PAC 12 , and running backs that will put up solid numbers. This team oozes potential.

I am optimistic about what these guys will achieve. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I truly believe we are going to shock the naysayers and unbelievers this year.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just have a feeling about this coaching staff.  I know I'm wearing green and yellow glasses, but I never had this feeling with the miami coach or the fsu coach.  I was indifferent with Helfrich getting the gig because the team was so loaded, I probably could have coached them to a Pac-12 title. 

The only other coach I had this same confident feeling down in my gut with was CK when he got the gig and that turned out pretty darn good.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, Wood Duck said:

Great article, lots to look forward to. Can't wait for September! Thanks Coach Boles and Charles.

Can’t wait for the spring game!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, Drake said:

Thanks for the posting.

This offense has the ability to put up some serious points with what should be above average play from our QB. A veteran laden OL,  receivers and TE’s that could be among the best in the PAC 12 , and running backs that will put up solid numbers. This team oozes potential.

I am optimistic about what these guys will achieve. 

I think it’s going to be a hell of an offense. I used to love watching Norvell run it at ASU. The Malzahn offensive family has been my favorite style for a long time. 

On 4/9/2022 at 12:33 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I truly believe we are going to shock the naysayers and unbelievers this year.

It’s going to be a good offense. I’ve got the feeling lol. 

On 4/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, DCDuckfan said:

I just have a feeling about this coaching staff.  I know I'm wearing green and yellow glasses, but I never had this feeling with the miami coach or the fsu coach.  I was indifferent with Helfrich getting the gig because the team was so loaded, I probably could have coached them to a Pac-12 title. 

The only other coach I had this same confident feeling down in my gut with was CK when he got the gig and that turned out pretty darn good.

Man, there’s nothing wrong with wearing the green and yellow glasses! Nothing wrong with a little bit of optimism, and I think yours is justified. 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:02 AM, DCDuckfan said:

I so agree. I was indifferent toward Helfrich, ready for *any* spark of life when Taggart came aboard, and I recall scratching my head when Cristobal got the promotion. Glad he elevated us in the recruiting world and had success but the energy around this staff just feels…different. Fresh.

Relentless. I’ve really appreciated Lanning’s candidness in interviews. He doesn’t lead with “everything is roses” but says he wants to see more.

Improving on last year’s offensive output should be easy. But I see this group hitting its stride a few games in and surprising folks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Coach and thanks Charles. Maybe Coach Dillingham can take the "O" out of the "boring" of the last few years returning the offense to the excitement Oregon is known for?

Go Ducks.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, Notalot said:

Thanks Coach and thanks Charles. Maybe Coach Dillingham can take the "O" out of the "boring" of the last few years returning the offense to the excitement Oregon is known for?

Go Ducks.

Not - I watched the Clemson spring game yesterday. Could not believe it snowed earlier in the day in Clemson!

I was interested to hear Dabo say that CFB will be 'blown up' and a league, he mentioned 50 teams, completely free of NCAA involvement is coming. He also thinks the league will have its own network and a lot of games will be pay-to-watch broadcast.

Also noted that in this week's mailbag, Jon Wilner thinks that NIL will 'divide' the conference by 2030, along what he refers to as 'academic lines.' Wilner also reports that SC has sub-rosa, reached out to the B1G for possible membership.

Go Ducks. Fired up for the Spring game, glad to get Coach Boles' take and glad Charles linked in Boles' thoughts.

CKs first game as HC, on the smurf in Boise, now known as the punch bowl was ruff.  The fellow that complained of the game and expense, Kelly cut a check and mailed it to him. I always wonder if that check was cashed.

good times

On 4/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Not - I watched the Clemson spring game yesterday. Could not believe it snowed earlier in the day in Clemson!

I was interested to hear Dabo say that CFB will be 'blown up' and a league, he mentioned 50 teams, completely free of NCAA involvement is coming. He also thinks the league will have its own network and a lot of games will be pay-to-watch broadcast.

Also noted that in this week's mailbag, Jon Wilner thinks that NIL will 'divide' the conference by 2030, along what he refers to as 'academic lines.' Wilner also reports that SC has sub-rosa, reached out to the B1G for possible membership.

Go Ducks. Fired up for the Spring game, glad to get Coach Boles' take and glad Charles linked in Boles' thoughts.

It will be in the 80's Tuesday and into the week in Clemson. I wanted to attend its spring game, but not with temps in the 40's and a stiff breeze which gives Memorial Stadium and Death Valley new meaning.

I opted to sit on a cold soccer field for two games watching my granddaughter play, which warmed me.

Tell 'em Jon.

Congrats Coach Boles

• Thanks 1

It's always great to see another article from you, Coach.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1