30Duck

Should Oregon Replace Kepnang?

His stats don't jump off the page, but Big Franck definitely left big shoes to fill when he entered the Transfer Portal.  Might be able to find a replacement in the same size, but not the same style.

USATSI_17258404.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks could use a fourth big man to replace Franck Kepnang. Here are five names in the NCAA transfer portal who...

Do we really want a replacement for Kepnang?  He was good guy and could block some shots while bring great enthusiasm.  But Dante, Bittle, and Ware should be more than enough 6'11" to 7' big guys who can rebound with limited offensive games.  What we really need is a stout 6'7" - 6'8" forward with some heft and good hands, along the lines of Eugene Omoruyi, Shakur Juiston, or Elgin Cook, who can drive inside and finish around the rim.  Hopefully Dana will surprise us with the signing of this kind of player.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I agree completely with your roster design, Graziani93. Oregon has more than enough Bigs and each can use minutes to improve. Ware is the new guy. The Ducks need, like you said, fast, aggressive mid-size players that can take the ball to the basket, shoot, and make free throws!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, Graziani93 said:

What we really need is a stout 6'7" - 6'8" forward with some heft and good hands, along the lines of Eugene Omoruyi, Shakur Juiston, or Elgin Cook, who can drive inside and finish around the rim.

Yes, please!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:13 AM, Graziani93 said:

What we really need is a stout 6'7" - 6'8" forward with some heft and good hands, along the lines of Eugene Omoruyi, Shakur Juiston, or Elgin Cook, who can drive inside and finish around the rim.  Hopefully Dana will surprise us with the signing of this kind of player.

I don't know about this coming season but got one lined up for the 2023, by the name of Mookie Cook.  He fits your description to a tee, and he can rebound. He just gotta work on his handles.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:12 PM, DuckIt said:

I don't know about this coming season but got one lined up for the 2023, by the name of Mookie Cook.  He fits your description to a tee, and he can rebound. He just gotta work on his handles.

Yeah, I heard about Mookie Cook and our 2023 commits sound like they're gonna be exciting.  Is Cook really that big?  If yes, nice!

I mentioned a few months ago that point guard Jackson Shelstad is also coming in 2023.  He might be the second-coming of Payton Pritchard  (see old picture of them together).  Good times are a coming, Duck fans - just hold on tight!

6_large.jpg

Edited by Graziani93