DuckIt

Plain Delusional or Reason to be Concerned?

I read on the CanesInsight forum that Justin Flowe is Spring breaking it in South Florida and has been talking about all the players going to Miami.  So I guess they construed it to mean that Flowe is unhappy with the Ducks and may be open to idea of transferring to another team.  And seeing how there is mutual interest between MC and Flowe, it is a match made in heaven.

I say plain delusional but is there any shred of truth to this that there have been some rumblings with Flowe being dissatisfied with his current situation?  I can't see it, especially with Lanning, a defensive guru, coming aboard, and his younger bro on the team.

I can't really say that I blame them though.  If I were them, I would be grasping at straws too, more like clinging to every glimmer of hope.  Once they find out that they hired Elmer Fudd as their head coach, their rosy outlook on the team, will turn downright bleak.

I have heard, second hand, some concerning issues with Flowe, but nothing too outrageous for a college kid. If he leaves it wouldn't be because our staff can't develop LB's. I will say the majority of people move to South Beach for one reason. I do hope any rumor of his leaving is just that a rumor and it ends there, and he gets extremely serious about football. I want to see this kids talents reach their potential, and that will happen at Oregon, or he is a lost cause, IMHO. If I was his parent, I wouldn't let him near South Beach, ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to see him become a wreaking ball on all our opposing offenses for the entire season and post season.  If he can just manage to stay healthy, he is going to be disrupt a lot of offenses.  Him and Sewell are going to wreak havoc!

That is I meant to say wrecking ball not "wreaking ball." Wreak havoc, yes.  Started on one thought and got loss somewhere in the middle.  Damn ADHD!

• Haha 2

I'm a bit confused about the Spring Break in Florida rumor. I just googled the UofO academic calendar, and Spring classes started on March 28. What's the timeline on these allegations?  

I doubt he would leave. He'd be jumping ship from a head coach who just won a national championship as a DC along with the current DC who's also won a national championship as a DC. As a defensive player it just doesn't get much better than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:30 AM, kirklandduck said:

I doubt he would leave. He'd be jumping ship from a head coach who just won a national championship as a DC along with the current DC who's also won a national championship as a DC. As a defensive player it just doesn't get much better than that.

Trying to predict what any kid will do based on our adult logic is a losing battle (says the father of a 15-year-old).  Heck, predicting what half the adults will do based on logic is nearly impossible (says the guy who has studied consumer behavior for 3+ decades).  

It's absurd to have a dream school based on cool uniforms or a favorite player from your childhood, but what do we consistently hear about kids regarding the Ducks?  "I grew up watching DAT and the uniforms were totally cool."  

I figure a ton of these kids make decisions to transfer to or from a particular school, or sign an NLI, partly based on such logic as:  that one cheerleader was SO hot...I look great in the road unis...the DB coach is really demanding...that party was so dope...it's close to the beach (says the guy who went to Pepperdine - but never went to the beach)...someone made me a promise about playing time...they want me to pimp a Ford dealership for my NIL but I like Camaros...they didn't chant my name at the basketball game...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:39 PM, 2002duck said:

I'm a bit confused about the Spring Break in Florida rumor. I just googled the UofO academic calendar, and Spring classes started on March 28. What's the timeline on these allegations?  

Sorry for the confusion.  The thread was first posted on March 16.

Here's the link:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/justin-flowe.176715/

Sorry, but I’m not gonna believe the conspiracies on this one. Instead, I believe the Flowe is a much bigger match-up with Coach Lanning then he is with the coaches at Miami.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guys heading to Miami for spring break is about as unusual as guys heading home to LA for the holidays.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

we all have to admit… every spring break that we managed to get some sun, we all fantasized about just staying and not going back. 

such is life in the PNW. 

it is why i live in LA now. 

but my time in eugene was worth it. 

I guess if you grew up in an area with sunshine, lots of bling, and traffic like nowhere else except maybe Seattle or New York it would be difficult to live in Eugene. Who knows what excites young men nowadays. Could be a girl. 

I would suggest that if he wants to become an NFL player he stays where he is and gets on the field and shows someone that he is worth a high draft pick. If he misses more time because of injury his draft status may go south of the border.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:56 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Trying to predict what any kid will do based on our adult logic is a losing battle (says the father of a 15-year-old).  Heck, predicting what half the adults will do based on logic is nearly impossible (says the guy who has studied consumer behavior for 3+ decades).  

It's absurd to have a dream school based on cool uniforms or a favorite player from your childhood, but what do we consistently hear about kids regarding the Ducks?  "I grew up watching DAT and the uniforms were totally cool."  

I figure a ton of these kids make decisions to transfer to or from a particular school, or sign an NLI, partly based on such logic as:  that one cheerleader was SO hot...I look great in the road unis...the DB coach is really demanding...that party was so dope...it's close to the beach (says the guy who went to Pepperdine - but never went to the beach)...someone made me a promise about playing time...they want me to pimp a Ford dealership for my NIL but I like Camaros...they didn't chant my name at the basketball game...

I do agree that kids and many adults can make questionable decisions.  But I'd like to think that blue chips that were/are ranked as high as Justin typically have a reasonable support system around them to help make the best practical choices, otherwise he probably wouldn't have gotten to 5* status or survived this long into his collegiate career.  Leaving a perennial Pac12 championship (and fringe CFP) contender with prime choice defensive coaches for a Miami program in a complete rebuild phase would seem to be an easily identified bad choice for him.

I believe it's just wishful thinking on some hack at the U. Nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 2