McDuck

The Humble, Growth-Mindset of Coach Lanning

dan-lanning-oregon.jpg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Dan Lanning is approaching his first head coaching job with a rare humbleness, leaving something for everyone to learn from.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been calling out this attribute since the day he took over. I would add there is a bit of Columbo in him too. He can disarm you with his humbleness, but he is razor sharp. He seems laid back, but he has boundless energy. 

The growth mindset is a critical component of his personality, but it isn't because he lacks self assuredness. Mario came across as the most confident leader we have had. The problem was when things got busy he couldn't handle it. I have a feeling we will be seeing the opposite in Coach Lanning. A growth mindset isn't a weakness, even in the heat of the battle. 

This article nails a key element of what makes Coach Lanning a great coach. We shouldn't see this as a weakness in his knowledge or ability to lead.  A growth mindset is critical for a coach who can adjust to the personal on the team. It is also important for a team which wants to be able to fail and get better. 

Time will tell how good Coach Lanning will become. At least we know his ceiling isn't going to be viewed at the first game. The decisions he makes in one game won't become a pattern which is incredibly hard for him to change. We are fortunate we have a Columbo with a growth mindset.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is fun and encouraging and exciting . . . but we will all suddenly become much more aware of exactly what coach the Ducks have at the final whistle of the Georgia game.

Deep thoughts:

Humbleness is a common trait in successful leaders.....humility is too.

Signed,

Jack Handey

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

The best don't brag about themselves they let their actions inspire others. This is a reflection of honesty and  integrity which I posit is a basis for increased results from personal relationships to leadership. 

The proof will be in the pudding which we will see 👀 soon enough.

Go Ducks Fly High