user generated

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Old

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gets me energized...Coach Lanning is checking all the boxes...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It makes me feel great. The law of averages, something about not counting chickens, tell me that Lanning can't be this good. But everything has been great, from the moment we knew he was the new coach to now.

That doesn't mean it's Natty or bust! But I think this Ducks team will have a great season; they'll play hard every game. Lanning will make mistakes, Saban, the GOAT makes mistakes. We can all hardly wait for the Spring Game. We'll soak it up, and then, it's still a long time till September. But it will be worth the wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

Your post title nailed it!👍👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Brooks is telling him, 45 years ago in September 1977 against Georgia in Athens, my FIRST play call was an end around.  Plus, don't forget to water down the field for home games. Those were the days, but time now for some new ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

Son I built this now it's in your hands. Make us proud.

if I was coach Brooks this is what I would have said.

"I LOVE GOOD, TOUGH DEFENSE!!!"

It only took 45 years to come full circle...one defensive coach to another.  Love it when a plan comes together.

• Thumbs Up 1

They called Yankee Stadium the house that Ruth built. I call Reser the house that burritos built.  You can legitimately call Autzen the house that Brooks built.

Virtually nobody begrudged Coach Brooks when he got the opportunity to coach the Rams. He had certainly paid his dues while taking Oregon from nowhere to the top of the Pac. Then the Rams screwed him over and let Dick Vermeil win a Super Bowl with the players Brooks had acquired. So, I've hated the Rams ever since.

Almost thirty years later, and although I like some of their players, I still could not root for them to win a couple of months ago. But I couldn't muster any love for Cincinnati either. So, even though an all-female 80's pop band was not playing in the Super Bowl I still rooted for the Bangles........Mmmmmmm, Susanna Hoffs.........*tiger growl*

And yet, Brooks comes back to helm the Atlanta defense and help lead them to a Super Bowl. Then for an encore he helps Kentucky remember that they also play football.

The man is a legend in Eugene and Lexington...........

• Thumbs Up 6

Not a bad coach for a beaver😀.

'Don't you worry, I was your age when I took over!'

I do hope he has an open lunch date with Bellotti and Brooks each week to learn more about playing in the Pac-12, and the Oregon Program through the rest of the spring and into the summer. I would love to see them all casting on the McKenzie, now that would be a photo! I have a feeling Brooks would school them all with a fly rod.