David Marsh

Habibi-Likio In the Transfer Portal

Habibi-Likio enters transfer portal

I am a little surprised but not shocked by this. Honestly, with the runnningback talent at Oregon I doubt it was going to see the field much next year. He is big but not fast enough. I wish him the best.

I think it was inevitable since CJ announced he was coming back.  There aren't enough carries for 3 RBs and I'm sure CHL was getting tired of being pigeon-holed into a short yardage player.  I was kind of hoping CJ would move on as he's just not big enough to stay healthy in the kind of power run that Cristobal craves.  

What a shame, and it is too late for him to learn safety, as he could have been a great SS or OLB, IMHO.

We don't beat Washington last year without him!

CHB Leap_Pac-12 Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Washington was by far his high water mark. I really did think he was going to break out after that game but it never happened. 

I just keep coming back to his lack of speed.... yes the pistol is problematic... But so many runs out of it he was caught from behind BEFORE the line of scrimmage. 

On a related note, I think Travis Dye should move to a Charles Nelson/DAT type role vs. full time RB. Sean Dollars looks to have a higher ceiling than Dye and his small stature is a problem when we need to play physical ball. I've heard some have been high on Benson too... not sure if he'll manage to get some carries next season.

Side note - hi everyone! big ducks fan for over a decade 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Gonna miss him. Mr. TD. 

The transfer worm continues to turn.

This happens when you have a lot of talented people in the line. He'll find a good home and be on the field. 

IMO we still need to find that magic RB that will be the franchise guy. 

The caliber of players entering the transfer portal is high.

while, I wanted to see what another year in the weight room did for CHL his carries we’re going to disappear if dollars and benson develop and I suspect he knows that   

He lacks straight line speed and lateral flexión in his hips. He shows little separation in torso and hips. 

Good not elite. A Solid player and sounds like he’s a solid dude. Wish him well and hope he proves me wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Always seemed like a good kid and teammate; but, they tried to run him a little against USC and it was:

8 carries for 13 yards (with a long of 3 yards)

His only carry of the 1st half was 3 yards for a 1st down.

Second half rushes: 1, -1, 2, 3, 2, 1, and 2

One carry in the bowl game, start of the 4th quarter, 3rd and 1 for no gain forcing a punt.

He did have a nice 26 yard catch and run from AB in the 2nd. Might be a good fit reuniting with Arroyo, pairing with RB Charles Williams at UNLV.

Edited by AnotherOD

20 hours ago, Ducks4ever said:

Side note - hi everyone! big ducks fan for over a decade 🙂

Hello to you and a big WELCOME to you and everyone beginning to post.  Let's have fun with this...

Mr. FishDuck

Sorry to hear this as he was kind of a heart and soul guy for the Ducks for the past three years. He was a huge recruiter too.

Personally I don't think Cristobal gave him enough touches but it's tough with so many guys chomping at the bit.

On paper it looks like we have all these great running backs but on the field I haven't seen much as our run game continues to decrease in efficiency and output.

Another CHL Highlight remembered by Oregon fans...

Mr. FishDuck

Is  Cyrus seeing the writing on the wall with a  full RB  room and doesn't  want to be used for  "only" short yardage plays?  Would the addition of Byron Cardwell and the development of Benson be  pushing him out the door? 

Boise  St. might  really like him!  He's a good DUCK and hope he finds a starting spot on another team!  

• Thumbs Up 1