FamilyofDucks

Thank You Easter Bunny: Kyler Kasper Commits to Ducks

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

This is huge folks.  Kasper has all the tools, size, speed, hops, and blocks with an attitude.  Better than Tetairoa McMillan whom we lost to UA.

Film don’t lie.  

3nbfbwi5yt443ve5_3000_Full.jpg?v=EF1AC04
WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Season

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Great get. This position group is shaping up to potentially be a very strong unit. Easy to forget the talented youth on this team. 70%ish underclassmen. Lanning's 2nd year could be scary good. Get TT coached up and these receivers are going to have a blast.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not only has Kyler Kasper committed to Oregon but he is also reclassifying to the 2022 class. 

The two positions of need on offense, RB and WR, have really been filled out in this class. Through scholarship guys and PWOs who would good enough to have scholarship offers elsewhere. The staff also have used PWOs to fill out the QB room nicely. 

• Thumbs Up 3

He is also a 4-Star on Rivals.com of whom is usually more difficult to qualify for.  The list offering him is pretty impressive...Georgia, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and USC!

v176
N.RIVALS.COM

Kyler Kasper - 2023 4 Star Wide receiver for Williams Field (Gilbert, AZ) on Rivals.com

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Next one up or next one in, it’s a plug and play world.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, Charles Fischer said:

He is also a 4-Star on Rivals.com of whom is usually more difficult to qualify for.  The list offering him is pretty impressive...Georgia, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and USC!

v176
N.RIVALS.COM

Kyler Kasper - 2023 4 Star Wide receiver for Williams Field (Gilbert, AZ) on Rivals.com

That’s interesting because I’ve always found that the players I look at on Rivals have been given better rankings than on other sites. So I honestly would have never thought that it’s more difficult to qualify for a higher rating with them. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:11 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

That’s interesting because I’ve always found that the players I look at on Rivals have been given better rankings than on other sites. So I honestly would have never thought that it’s more difficult to qualify for a higher rating with them. 

I've been following them for over 20 years, and often a 4-Star at 247 is a 3-Star on Rivals.  My reasons for using Rivals.com are...

FISHDUCK.COM

So many people ask why I do not refer to the CBS 247 Recruiting analyses and rankings and use the Rivals.com rankings instead? It is because I often am looking...

Or we can disagree...no sweat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/17/2022 at 2:49 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

Not only has Kyler Kasper committed to Oregon but he is also reclassifying to the 2022 class. 

The two positions of need on offense, RB and WR, have really been filled out in this class. Through scholarship guys and PWOs who would good enough to have scholarship offers elsewhere. The staff also have used PWOs to fill out the QB room nicely. 

Coach, this should reclassify the 2022 #16 recruiting ranking north? Further ahead of all the other Pac-12 teams.

The AZ teams cannot keep the top guys at home; too bad, so sad.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Coach, this should reclassify the 2022 #16 recruiting ranking north?

This is a great example of what I am referring to; on 247, Oregon is ranked No. 16 and on Rivals Oregon is ranked No. 33, thus much tougher rankings on players and process.  Plus...their listings historically are consistent.

But yes, if he reclassifies...it will raise both rankings.

Keep in mind...I have consistently stated over the years that a good recruiting class is one that has at least eight of the 4&5-Star players on Rivals.  Right now for 2022 we have six, and Kasper would be the seventh.  Trying to stay consistent in my "Critical Analysis!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/17/2022 at 3:14 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I've been following them for over 20 years, and often a 4-Star at 247 is a 3-Star on Rivals.  My reasons for using Rivals.com are...

FISHDUCK.COM

So many people ask why I do not refer to the CBS 247 Recruiting analyses and...

Or we can disagree...no sweat.

Oh I don’t agree or disagree. The only reason I knew what I said is because I used to get mad because I’d hear we snagged a 4 star and the go to 247 and they’d have him as a 3. I’d be like, what the heck, guys. 

• Haha 1

So, Kasper "snubbed" USC too!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2022 at 4:13 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

Oh I don’t agree or disagree. The only reason I knew what I said is because I used to get mad because I’d hear we snagged a 4 star and the go to 247 and they’d have him as a 3. I’d be like, what the heck, guys. 

I did find something though, now that my curiosity is peaked. This article I just looked through talked about how out of ESPN, 247, Rivals and Scout, the two latter sites have camps that they sponsor.

They take the camps into consideration in their ratings, where 247 and ESPN goes by tape and Coach opinion alone. So if a player doesn’t attend the camps, there’s no data and it’s reflected in their ratings.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scout no longer exists; it was bought by CBS 247 Sports, and thus all the flawed player rankings of Scout in the past (See my article above why I use Rivals) are part of 247's Data-Base.  Thus why when I refer to historical perspective of the recruiting classes...I can only depend on Rivals.

Now, with that being said--I don't have an axe to grind for them.  In fact I am a member of 247 and On3 and would use theirs if I felt it was as accurate.

Mr. FishDuck

This kid's build reminds me of Juwan Johnson, big receiver that will cause all sorts of matchup problems for DBs, great pickup.

Reclassifying as 2022 is great for the WR depth but I was under the impression that Oregon's at their scholarship limit. Does that mean we'll see a transfer soon?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I'm reminded of David Paulson and you know what that means ..... First Downs, Key Blocks and Touchdowns  

• Thumbs Up 3

He also turned down Miami. His dad and him liked MC but they are known as a running team. Let's you know why we had trouble getting WRs until we got our previous WR coach who brought in Franklin, Thornton and Brevard even with that impediment.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, Orebcker said:

This is huge folks.  Kasper has all the tools, size, speed, hops, and blocks with an attitude.  Better than Tetairoa McMillan whom we lost to UA.

Film don’t lie.  

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Season

Yeah I still cannot wrap my head around him going to Arizona even after Mario left. These guys cannot for the life of themselves understand how bad a HC Mario really is. Lanning to me is the real deal and especially his game plan for BAMA in the championship game was legit.

He also is comfortable enough in his own skin to do that and then still come west and win recruiting battles. So lets just say Mario leaving and Dan the Man being hired will pay huge dividends starting this fall. Enough talent right now for Oregon to win 11 games with the right QB.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, Orebcker said:

Film don’t lie.  

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Season

I am excited about this pull for sure...but as someone that was really wanting T-Mac, I wonder what basis you say that Kasper is better?  Honestly hoping you can get me to see your point of view on this...

On 4/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Scout no longer exists; it was bought by CBS 247 Sports, and thus all the flawed player rankings of Scout in the past (See my article above why I use Rivals) are part of 247's Data-Base.  Thus why when I refer to historical perspective of the recruiting classes...I can only depend on Rivals.

Now, with that being said--I don't have an axe to grind for them.  In fact I am a member of 247 and On3 and would use theirs if I felt it was as accurate.

Been finding On3 is good with basketball, haven't looked at football that much with them. I often look at offers more than stars/rankings to gage a guy. He has a lot of offers from good programs, makes me think that 4 star ranking is solid and if he had played another year might have moved up a star.

As far as this guy goes, he's big, strong, athletic (have you seen the elevation he gets dunking on a basketball court?) and already shows he is a pretty good rout runner.

He gets separation and out fights guys for the ball when the coverage is there (mostly because he doesn't have a 4 star QB throwing to him, many underthrown balls when he was wide open). 

On 4/17/2022 at 2:42 PM, Orebcker said:

Film don’t lie.  

WWW.HUDL.COM

Junior Season

Good observation in regard to Kasper's blocking.  

Typically with skill position players you hope to see a willingness to block.  This young fella acts as if the guy across from him was telling "your momma" jokes.  

Nice tape for a single year's work. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How many times in the past did we as fans express the need for taller WR’s that would create matchup problems?  We now have a flock of receivers and TE’s that can create those match up problems. 

Kyle Kasper is a great addition to this team. Being 6’5” by itself creates match up problems. When this guy adds weight and strength to that frame…look out.

Our QB’s have to be excited about the mix of size and speed available to them. If they can deliver a catchable ball to these guys we will put up some serious points on the board. 

• Thumbs Up 2