30Duck

What Ducks QBs Each Need to Work on During Summer

USATSI_18077452.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Kenny Dillingham offered notes on how each Oregon QB can improve this summer. We show examples of how these...

• Thanks 1

Thanks 30.

I agree that Nix is on top at this point in time. He looked a little gimpy to me and one thing that needs to be worked on is getting his ankle back to 100%. If healthy and playing down by contact, I think Nix would have avoided two of the sacks called against him?

Not surprisingly Nix, while making a couple of baffling throws, does look to have the best pocket awareness of the 3 QBs.

Here's hoping that Ty and Butters stay on board through the summer. If a transfer does not occur by May 1 the player will not be eligible for 2022. This is the only control over what is today's CFB 'free agency.'

The spring game, by design, was pretty vanilla. With the lack of running plays and no QB contact it looked more like a 7 on 7 game. But it was a lot of fun to watch those 'home run' tosses after watching '3 yards and a cloud of dust' for the prior 3 seasons.

Also great to see the QBs take snaps directly from center and the unloading of the pistol.

Dillingham has the freedom that Joe Moorhead would have wished for.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/26/2022 at 10:34 AM, Jon Joseph said:

the unloading of the pistol

Flowers In The Dirt Yes GIF by Paul McCartney

• Haha 2

I saw this article earlier this morning and agree with just about all of it save one small point where the author thinks Ty has the slight lead for QB2.  Based on what I saw in the Spring game I think Butters has the lead for primary backup at the moment.

Harder to shoot yourself in the foot without the pistol loaded...

• Haha 1