Charles Fischer

New Photos: Holy Crap! Husky Turnout WAS Stunning

Wowsa. What a difference compared to Autzen...Washington had a massive turnout...in the hundreds!  (Go see actual Husky Spring Game Photos from yesterday below in this thread)

It was just a practice for their Spring Game...(You gotta admit...it is pretty funny!)  (Go see actual Husky Spring Game pictures way below in this thread)

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

LOL_Z🤣

Prowess???

On 4/30/2022 at 11:10 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Wowsa. What a difference compared to Autzen...Washington had a massive turnout...in the hundreds!

It was just a practice for their Spring Game...(You gotta admit...it is pretty funny!)

But I do think that DeBoer is a big upgrade over the Mistake at the Lake.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:26 PM, Jon Joseph said:

But I do think that DeBoer is a big upgrade over the Mistake at the Lake.

With the talent they've lost and have remaining?  I think 2022 is going to be De-Bore for Husky fans...

Good hire Jen...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

I hope they suck big time this year--no disrespect for the players but the fans especially Softy

On 4/30/2022 at 11:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

With the talent they've lost and have remaining?  I think 2022 is going to be De-Bore for Husky fans...

Good hire Jen...

giphy.gif

A penguin and not a cat face plant? Heck of a stiff wing. You are broadening the horizon + it's still LOL! 

That's a clothes line and 15 yards; or, 15 fewer fish (duck?)

Oregon vs the Cardinal and this would not have been called.

Let's re-do 2008 party people!!!!

Huck the Fuskies 

Face it... One might drink de Beer at U Duh, but that lake water?

Given it's location, probably at least as pure as the Seine when Jack Lemmon had to have multiple immunizations to submerge in it while filming, "Irma la Douce"!

• Haha 1

The mutts may be looking at a 0-2 start to the season. A tough start to the season-Kent State, and followed up by Portland State.

• Haha 1

It's not even fun anymore to predict that the Rodents will finish ahead of the Uskies in the North, but I will. Stanford might get their act together. A battle between the Uskies and the Bears for 5th?

On 5/1/2022 at 12:56 PM, Flyin Vee said:

The mutts may be looking at a 0-2 start to the season. A tough start to the season-Kent State, and followed up by Portland State.

These dogs can lose to anyone. I think Kent State will be better than the FCS Montana State team the Fuskies lost to last season?

That said, with Michigan State visiting Seattle this is a reasonable OOC schedule. Look at the dreck UCLA is playing OOC?

With a 4 team PO field 1 P5 opponent OOC is enough.

Hey, as the hydrant wetters  like to boast, Husky Stadium is ‘the most beautiful location in the nation for football’. Couldn’t agree more: it serene, quiet and empty - kinda like a retirement home. 

• Haha 3
  • Applause 2

She blinded me with prowess.

• Haha 2

Coach The Bore addressing the team, because they were the only one's there

• Applause 1

Look at the background of these actual photos of their Spring Game yesterday....I think we did better!  (And what is the population of the Seattle metro area?)  (More than Oregon's entire population!)

220430%20cb%20Huskies%20Spring%20Game_17

220430%20cb%20Huskies%20Spring%20Game_22

220430%20cb%20Washington%20Football_02.J

220430%20cb%20Washington%20Football_05.J

220430%20cb%20Huskies%20Spring%20Game_03

220430%20cb%20Huskies%20Spring%20Game_12

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Give 'em a break, they were using this game to be able to count the seating capacity without the hassle of ticket sales.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was chuckling while reading these posts.

My kid was walking past and he nodded and said, “What’s up?”

I just handed him the phone and saw him scrolling through the replies.  Without cracking a smile, he hands the phone back to me and says, “ They’re just simulating game day situations.”

I start laughing as he begins to head upstairs.  Before he reaches the landing, he turns in my direction and says, “Jake Browning can still kiss my ass.”

He just might be my son after all. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gotta love you both!

Mr. FishDuck

Could there be more players than fans at that scrimmage?

I think we will look back at the 1996-2021 years as a distinct era with the 85-scholarship limit and NIL as bookends of that era.    85 schollies leveled the playing field as much as possible.  NIL deconstructs that system.

In that 25 years, the Ducks record against the Dawgs was 20-5.  After the dark decades of the 70's and 80's,  I achieved nirvana.  

I have no idea what's next.  I will continue to tune in as long as I am interested in the college football product.  Not sure that will be much longer.  I have no illusions that I will be missed.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Not sure that will be much longer.

As I've said many times....any of these portal/NIL changes will not affect Oregon for three, maybe four years.  So enjoy it while you can, and don't check out three years before anything substantial to the program actually happens!

I am making the MOST of the next three years, as non-revenue sports may go away as well.  So bask in all the winning that Oregon is doing...while you can.

(I am thinking of copying this somewhere so I can copy-and-paste it every time I see someone about to quit being a fan!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, Charles Fischer said:

As I've said many times....any of these portal/NIL changes will not affect Oregon for three, maybe four years.  So enjoy it while you can, and don't check out three years before anything substantial to the program actually happens!

I am making the MOST of the next three years, as non-revenue sports may go away as well.  So bask in all the winning that Oregon is doing...while you can.

(I am thinking of copying this somewhere so I can copy-and-paste it every time I see someone about to quit being a fan!)

I agree with this 100%.   The future is always uncertain and I will enjoy those sports immensely as long as they are holding games!

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Thanks 1

Guest Axel

Where were all those deranged and depraved Husky fans on Saturday?

Have those psychotics in purple finally seen the light? Maybe they’ve given up on those hapless, rabies-carrying Huskies after all. Or maybe they just had better things to do. Of course, they did.

So join us on a terrifying adventure as we tag along with those witless, moronic Husky fans and discover…  

The Top 10 things that those idiot Husky fans were doing last Saturday  

10.  Had trouble getting out of bed, still mourning the loss of fellow Husky, Ted Bundy

9.  Shuffling around that cesspool called downtown Seattle, babbling, and staring up at the sky

8.  Fighting the seagulls for that last French fry outside Ivar’s

7.  Airing out the tent and begging for quarters

6.  Sneaking onto that stupid monorail for a trip to nowhere

5.  Scouring the King County landfill for a new bathtub

4.  Hoping for that 9.0 quake to take them out of their misery

3.  Haggling with the lovelies on the SeaTac strip

2.  Watching a replay of the Ducks spring game and sobbing uncontrollably

1.  Riding their rubber dinghy to the bottom of Lake Washington

On 5/2/2022 at 10:27 AM, Axel said:

The Top 10 things that those idiot Husky fans were doing last Saturday  

10 B, Still trying to figure out the prowess of their program while staring up at the original Starbucks logo gal.