30Duck

USC Site: Addison Would Make Trojans Favorites in Pac-12

I don't know, let's play the games anyway. 

01g25edkmn9z5fne2pn0.jpg
REIGNOFTROY.COM

With the college football season now just summer workouts and a fall camp away, USC football is looking to make some final...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Or, will it screw up an already quality group of receivers at SC?

SC has not only brought in guys to help on O but also on D.

But this is the name of today's game. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, young Evan, for piecing together another hubristically written piece of subjective Trojan digital a** paper.  BTW, congrats on the ASU online degree.  Glad to see it’s serving you well.

image.png.556f22e97391e92782cb6a3c918ef1eb.png

The new norm is for me to wake up in the morning, fire-up the coffee maker, pet the pup, and read the latest mindless drivel created by some pom-pom waving goofball donned in cardinal and gold.  And now, this morning just became extra-special!  USC graduate, Petros Papadakis, and his functional dysphonia are on Fox radio (Really…it’s happening right now) touting USC as “The Land of Milk and Honey.” 

You know what guys, I guess we should just gear-up for next year.  Season’s over, the hey is in the barn as the “SoCal Sensation”, Lincoln Riley, has done the impossible!  The men of Troy once again reign as rulers of college football.   

image.png.fd018ea44036cdc9cbdabac57355f324.png

Wait.  What do mean it’s not over?  It must be, because Evan stated:

Lincoln Riley's spread is considered the best offense in college football

“SC's returning four starters from an O-line that was rated No. 1 in the country last year

“Caleb Williams is a top three QB in the country

“If SC secures Addison, however, it's going to be hard for ANY defense to contain the Trojans. The offense as it is right now is already expected to be prolific.  Prolific?  I’ll give you very good, but…prolific?

Here’s my favorite part:

“What it would do, however, is put SC in position to beat down on EVERYONE in the conference.  You guys in Salt Lake get that?  Message received loud and clear in Eugene. 

In all fairness to the author, he’s writing this piece for a rah-rah site, and there may be the tiniest hint of objectivity sprinkled in the article, but if you’re going to post something like that – I’m gonna poke at it.  Content aside, I must say this was not well written.  Hell, I can barely take a p*ss without wetting the front of my pants, and I believe that I could produce a more solidly written article after taking a semester of professional writing at the local community college.   

Reading crap like this makes me really appreciate OBD.  We beat our chests a little and root like hell a lot, but we are also intelligent enough to recognize that our our beloved ducks are not without fault.  I'm starting to wonder if our friends south of us are capable of doing so.  

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

The term “critical analysis,” is a foreign term to USC writers these days. In fact, I do not think it is even in their vocabulary!

I call it  as I see it, on both the other teams and ours, and I love how everybody here embraced that as well. It gives us so much more objective discussions, and is so enjoyable!

And when I am waving the pom-poms, I do make it quite apparent!

(And Jester, I would not want to touch you right now, as you are hot!)

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

They just ordered some extra bulletin boards at Utah - I’m sure Lanning did the same.  Can’t believe the crap that the sc sites put out.  They have paid for some real talent, but all the hype is seriously ridiculous.  Who exactly rated their O-line number one in the country?  Did they watch any of their games?   Guess we will see on 10/15.  Bye week for the Ducks I think.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/4/2022 at 8:45 AM, Goutes18 said:

They just ordered some extra bulletin boards at Utah - I’m sure Lanning did the same.  Can’t believe the crap that the sc sites put out.  They have paid for some real talent, but all the hype is seriously ridiculous.  Who exactly rated their O-line number one in the country?  Did they watch any of their games?   Guess we will see on 10/15.  Bye week for the Ducks I think.  

Seems like USuCk and the fuskies have been battling each other for supremacy in the Delirium Bowl forever.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, Goutes18 said:

Bye week for the Ducks I think.

You are correct on the Oregon bye week.  I suspect many of the Oregon faithful will show a vested interest in this game.  I know I’ll be looking for red and white pom-poms. 

BTW, if anyone hasn’t seen the NFL Network 360 program centered on Devin Lloyd, please do so.  The show discusses on the tragic deaths of Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe and how a galvanized team led by Devin Lloyd came together for their fallen teammates.  I love Devin’s abilities as a player, but following the 360 program, I think his stellar on the field performance pales in comparison to the true leader he is. 

I think a big part of Utah’s strength is just how tight knit they are not only as a team, but as a community.  I hated seeing my team get boat-raced in the Championship game last year, but if we had to take that spankin’ from anyone, it's easier to accept that it was from the Utes.  Nothing but respect.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, Goutes18 said:

Who exactly rated their O-line number one in the country?

According to Evan, Pro Football Focus. I didn’t fact check our fanatical blogger - just copied his comment.   

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

“SC's returning four starters from an O-line that was rated No. 1 in the country last year

LOL!  What???  Not even close.  They were not even the best in the Pac-12.  In line yards per carry, Oregon State (3.26), Oregon (3.21), and Arizona State (3.17) all averaged above 3.

What about USC?  They averaged 2.83 line yards per carry.

Utah and OSU were both better in pass blocking as well, allowing significantly less sacks.   

That is a completely insane comment.  

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:11 PM, GeotechDuck said:

LOL!  What???  Not even close.  They were not even the best in the Pac-12.  In line yards per carry, Oregon State (3.26), Oregon (3.21), and Arizona State (3.17) all averaged above 3.

What about USC?  They averaged 2.83 line yards per carry.

Utah and OSU were both better in pass blocking as well, allowing significantly less sacks.   

That is a completely insane comment.  

Best in the country? How about, "NO!" But I have read on multiple sites that SC run game averaged 4.4 yards per carry in 2021, and gave up 18 sacks in 12 games which is a respectable number.

4 OL starters are back and the OT transfer from UVA was a very good player in the ACC. Thin? Yes, but not without talent.

The RB position at SC has (SIGH) improved. London was a stud but there are a number of quality receivers on the roster even without Addison. 

The QB will be far more elusive behind the LOS than both Slovis and Dart and is much more of run threat than these two.

USC fans obnoxiously pumping the team up? What's new. 

The OK O sputtered last season mainly due to Rattler trying to do too much and there was no Hollywood Brown like receiver on the field. As evidenced by the draft (Baylor had 2 guys picked before the first OK player came off the board) 2021 was far from the Sooners best and deepest roster.

As a HC, Riley took OK to the PO 3 times. 2 blow out Ls to 2 teams that blew everyone out and a double OT L vs Georgia. 

The B12 top to bottom in 2021 was deeper and better than the Pac-12, going 5-2 in its bowl games and winning 2 NY6 bowls in the process.

In the Pac-12? Go to Hades SC fans but I think SC has a legit conference title shot in 2022, and if players stay healthy, a very good shot at defeating Notre Dame at season's end. 

This will not be an easy team to out-score. I can envision the SC/Utah game looking a lot like the Utah/OH ST Rose Bowl game? 1st team to 50 wins?

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 2

Prowess South...