FishDuck Article

(FishDuck Article) Oregon Poised to Land HUGE Commitment Today

It’s time to (finally) close the book on 2020 and see what the future holds for the Oregon Ducks, and that starts with recruiting. It’s no secret that Mario Cristobal is an ace recruiter, and he’s up to his usual tricks once again, putting a bow on what is shaping up to be Oregon’s best-ever class. Right now, the Ducks ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Very interesting article Joshua, thanks.

You mentioned Byron Cardwell has a jump step that he uses during his running to help get around the defense, this reminds me of Dat in years gone. Dat had that same jump step and was so exciting to watch. I hope Byron, if he choses Oregon, can give us that same excitement and of course the points. 

giphy.gif

Cardwell could become the cream on top of the strawberries for this class. UO and Cardwell are a match made in Heaven.

His 22 second 200 shows in his film. When he gets up to speed in the open field, few can catch him or slow him down. With a stiff arm in his repertoire he will be a tough one to stop from getting the extra yard(s). Fingers crossed on this guy and JTT, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now we have an announcement time....and he is a 4-Star on Rivals!  Our best prior year for 4-Star and 5-Star signings was two years ago with 14, but this year we have 16 and this could bring it up to 17!

Mr. FishDuck

4 hours ago, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Curious what Cyrus knows or knew and or when. Might have affected his choice. 

Cyrus Habibi-Likio would have fallen into the depth chart badly next year regardless. He was already the No. 3 runningback behind Verdell and Dye and with Dollars showing some flashes and Benson coming along from all accounts CHL was going to really have to fight for the few snaps he was already getting.

Adding Cardwell to the mix might knock him out entirely.

CHL isn't a bad runningback, he has had some nice games, but he just isn't good enough to be the guy at Oregon or many other top Power Five Schools.

• Thumbs Up 1

How would you compare Cardwell to Benson? Can they coexist like a Royce and Benoit or will this cause one to go elsewhere for touches like Cyrus just did? 

18 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

Cyrus Habibi-Likio would have fallen into the depth chart badly next year regardless. He was already the No. 3 runningback behind Verdell and Dye and with Dollars showing some flashes and Benson coming along from all accounts CHL was going to really have to fight for the few snaps he was already getting.

Adding Cardwell to the mix might knock him out entirely.

CHL isn't a bad runningback, he has had some nice games, but he just isn't good enough to be the guy at Oregon or many other top Power Five Schools.

Not to mention that Seven Mcgee is part of this class too.  

• Like 2

His body type suggests that "the stache: will be able to add 10 to 15 pounds of muscle without losing any speed. I like the comparison to Dat in his moves.

One of the posters on 24/7 comped him to Le'Veon Bell, the great Steelers RB. I thought that was spot on. This has really fine ball skills. His film clips showed him on middle screens and wheel routes. Natural pass receiver, doesn't fight the ball.

And he has great size combined with impressive creativity in the open field. Down on the goal line he can get small and run behind his pads, but he is just as likely to bounce it outside and beat the 9-Techs to the pylon.

This kid is really talented.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Haywarduck said:

His 22 second 200 shows in his film. When he gets up to speed in the open field, few can catch him or slow him down. With a stiff arm in his repertoire he will be a tough one to stop from getting the extra yard(s). Fingers crossed on this guy and JTT, of course.

You took the words right out of my mouth after watching that film. Once he gets into a footrace, you can see he's a strider with that top end speed that might not show up in the 40 yard dash. Well, fingers crossed!

As well, things appear to be heating up for another top four star (at a position of need), Avante Dickerson (national #121,  CB #8). Snow College JC OL Jordan Moko (#6 JC, #1 OT) also I believe is a guy with a spot if he chooses. JTT of course (national #3, #2 SDE). Uncommitted four star S/WR from Hawaii Titus Mokiao-Atimalala (national #302, ATH #19) is another name that still seems in play.

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the great article Josh.  Would be a huge get for us if he dons the green and yellow.  

1 hour ago, AnotherOD said:

As well, things appear to be heating up for another top four star (at a position of need), Avante Dickerson (national #121,  CB #8). Snow College JC OL Jordan Moko (#6 JC, #1 OT) also I believe is a guy with a spot if he chooses. JTT of course (national #3, #2 SDE). Uncommitted four star S/WR from Hawaii Titus Mokiao-Atimalala (national #302, ATH #19) is another name that still seems in play.

There are some sources that are saying JTT is now silently committed to Ohio State and they're just waiting on the announcement.  Disappointing if that's true.

It is official as Byron Cardwell committed to Oregon!  He signs in a few weeks...

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Does being the primary recruiter for three 4-star, and one highly regarded 3-star, RBs still mean that Coach Mastro can’t recruit?

Edited by Coach Eric Boles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coach Eric Boles said:

Does being the primary recruiter for three 4-star, and one highly regarded 3-star, RBs still mean that Coach Mastro can’t recruit?

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!  I am feeling...

giphy.gif

You make a good point, but we have not had a GREAT running back since Royce Freeman, but perhaps Benson and Cardwell will change that.  

Mr. FishDuck

19 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!  I am feeling...

giphy.gif

You make a good point, but we have not had a GREAT running back since Royce Freeman, but perhaps Benson and Cardwell will change that.  

Haha I just had to poke a little bit. I saw that from a few  folks in the comments. 

52 minutes ago, Coach Eric Boles said:

Haha I just had to poke a little bit. I saw that from a few folks in the comments. 

It's all good, my coaching friend.  Great readers here will disagree and the important thing is, regardless of our differences...each of us can state our views, (no matter how far out) and everybody still has to be nice.  It is refreshing to disagree in a civil fashion with no downside and it is fun.

Mr. FishDuck

QUACK! Great pickup for our backfield! I can't wait to watch the one-two punch of Benson and Cardwell.

The biggest indicator to me in the value of a recruit--is who else offered him?   (Link is right here for schools that offered)

ACC: Florida State, Virginia and Notre Dame

Big-10: Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State

SEC: Auburn, Florida, LSU, Tennessee and TAMU

Pac-12: Oregon, Cal, USC, UCLA, Washington, Utah, Arizona State, Arizona and Washington State.  (9 of 12 conference teams!)

Mr. FishDuck

That right there is a whole lot of love from all over America for his talents!

• Thumbs Up 1