Haywarduck

The Most Beautiful Car Ever Made!

Sorry for taking this sports focused site off topic, but for the slow season what car would you put up there as the best car ever built. We have definitely discussed our favorite Duck teams, what car would you pick, if you could have your choice of any? I love my cars, and right now am without any fun car, maybe I should throw out a bid?

70d991b193c1953b2625d27f0855dd74
WWW.YAHOO.COM

The King of Cool gave Fredy Zurbrügg the car during filming, and the chef has owned it ever since.

Well, those are three different questions:  what car would I have if I had my choice, most beautiful car, and "best" (however that's defined) car ever built.  

What car I would want is based partly on usability - I wouldn't really drive a '31 Bugatti Royale around my city.

Most beautiful car is just one criterion - looks.  Maybe the '31 Royale, maybe a '38 Cord, maybe a '67 Pontiac GTO, or a '59 Coupe de Ville.

Best car would have to be a combination of a variety of factors - maybe functionality, dependability, looks, fun?

During the off-season, I especially welcome off-topic discussions so the community has a bit more fun.  I will admit that I'm not a "car" guy, so I have no input here!

NOT the beautiful car...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/11/2022 at 7:50 AM, Charles Fischer said:

During the off-season, I especially welcome off-topic discussions so the community has a bit more fun.  I will admit that I'm not a "car" guy, so I have no input here!

NOT the beautiful car...

giphy.gif

Resembles my old 2002 BWM, loved that car. Never had this problem with it, thankfully.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:49 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Well, those are three different questions:  what car would I have if I had my choice, most beautiful car, and "best" (however that's defined) car ever built.  

What car I would want is based partly on usability - I wouldn't really drive a '31 Bugatti Royale around my city.

Most beautiful car is just one criterion - looks.  Maybe the '31 Royale, maybe a '38 Cord, maybe a '67 Pontiac GTO, or a '59 Coupe de Ville.

Best car would have to be a combination of a variety of factors - maybe functionality, dependability, looks, fun?

Was at a hotel in Montana where the wifi password was 67GTO. I asked the guy behind the desk why the password had GTO in it, and he said part of his retirement package was in the barn out back. He showed my his '67 GTO with the #3 stamped on all the parts. The car was up on blocks and all stock, what a muscle car, agree actually one of the best muscle cars.

• Cool 1

I think the mid 70s Jag XJs were extremely beautiful cars.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eagle Jaguar E-Type Low-Drag Coupe has to be the winner.

777919101_LowDragCoupe.jpg.975892f8f6aec034210897bcba637f68.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1

My personal favorite 

Screenshot_20211231-043800_Gallery.jpg

• Salute 1
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 5
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

I did appreciate the old Corvettes…

Mr. FishDuck

Always liked the Plymouth Roadrunner as a little kid ...one of the bigger kids on the block had one. Remember being about 10 years old riding shotgun and him driving like a maniac. Thought it was cool back then. Now I would shake my head and think how unsafe that is!

image.thumb.png.25c786db1120a8610cec5870e0f4704f.png

Edited by LADuck
  • Cool 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

fb28f9aac9dd35e5adbca12709cb92bd---corve
WWW.PINTEREST.COM

Sep 9, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Naima Eastmond. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest

• Cool 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

A close second. 

d27ecd3a48ebceb07217056a1923d129--ford-m
WWW.PINTEREST.COM

Nov 11, 2016 - This is an all-around track day stunner, that you can also hang a license plate off the rear end. With a 347 stroker V8, five-speed, upgraded suspension,...

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw this parked in Dan Lanning's spot. 48983347907_613b2c21f7_k.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember way back in the day that a Lincoln Continental Mark lV was the coolest car there was, and green doesn't often work on cars, but I think it does here:

1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV — Octane Film Cars

• Thumbs Up 1

Most beautiful car ever made could be different for everyone. I have owned Porsches for a long time. I love driving them and get a lot of compliments from people. I’ve owned 4 different 911s, and two of them have been Turbos. 

Fun cars to drive, handle exceptionally well, and the Turbos are stupid fast. There are faster cars, but the 911 Turbo is still stupid fast. My 911 Turbo that I currently have in the garage is below.BC5D4590-E6CE-413A-9FBA-C4085ED68CFB.thumb.jpeg.f82be3d1fbe8c98a074373f79fc8ed28.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

1935 Bugatii 

IMG_2273.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/11/2022 at 8:44 AM, Log Haulin said:

My personal favorite 

Screenshot_20211231-043800_Gallery.jpg

Always loved the saying if your truck breaks down, you just have another Peterbilt or rebilt.

6218405233_eeb0d3d25c_b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

No picture, but I really loved my 1985 Nissan Stanza sedan. A sweet little car, smooth driving, big enough for 5 comfortably, but easy to park. Traded it in after 20 years and about 69,000 miles only because I wanted side airbags and anti-lock brakes.

• Applause 1

I wouldn't say this car is the "most beautiful" but my old 2008 Mazda RX-8 was certainly pretty good looking and so much fun to drive.  I have a special affinity for it because it was the first car I bought on my own (brand new as well) after I graduated and got my first job.  This car is why I'm fascinated by rotary engines.

MAZDARX-8-3714_5.jpg

Edited by kirklandduck
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here are my favorites. I don't own any of these currently, but did have two early Broncos a when I was younger (1970 and 1976).  It was a mistake to sell those.  

Sports Car: 66 Shelby GT350

Truck: Early Ford Bronco 

Sedan: 1964 Lincoln with suicide doors  

Shelby.jpg

Bronco.jpg

Lincoln.jpg

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Cool 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.jpeg.27e016024c7762e9372de04d4f6f08cb.jpeg

alfa romeo giulia spider veloce 1965.

image.jpeg.68cf6d2f512ffadc681200187f95bcf3.jpeg

or, Austin Powers' Shaguar

• Like 1

Omigosh GeotechDuck....the third one of yours looks like the raw version of....

Deathmobile!

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, Annie said:

No picture, but I really loved my 1985 Nissan Stanza sedan

Voila!  

image.jpeg.b90f4b4c223b9a321556ba61cd35066a.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

image.jpeg.27e016024c7762e9372de04d4f6f08cb.jpeg

alfa romeo giulia spider veloce 1965.

image.jpeg.68cf6d2f512ffadc681200187f95bcf3.jpeg

or, Austin Powers' Shaguar

The old Alfa may be my next one! Love Annie's, women don't often look at the car as an extension of who they are, men.......

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, 30Duck said:

I remember way back in the day that a Lincoln Continental Mark lV was the coolest car there was, and green doesn't often work on cars, but I think it does here:

1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV — Octane Film Cars

My first car was a 1975 Mercury Cougar XR7 in dark green with the white leather interior/top.  We affectionately called it the "Green Demon" or the "Ghetto Sled". It had the original 351 Windsor in it and less than 20k miles (this was my senior year, 1997). It looked VERY MUCH like this...

• Thumbs Up 1

My handsomest car?  Sometime ca. 1966 I had an opportunity to buy a 1957 M-B 300 SL Gullwing for...........$4,000.  This was off of a new/used car dealer.  $4,000.  😪  And it was in just this color....

608009100_MercedesBenz300SLGullwing.thumb.jpg.85728d4c58bacce98da4b65b1ba959e0.jpg

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

This is the most beautiful car made, and I happen to have one in my driveway. Needs a bath and to put the cover back on. I do drive it once in a while. 

WWW.BING.COM

Find high-quality images, photos, and animated GIFS with Bing Images

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I'm not reaching back to the Classics like some, to me the 2021 Grand Cherokee SRT is one sexy beast! A 6.4 Hemi stuffed inside an unassuming SUV just seems tough to beat! So for me, this is sexy, well made and what I want. (although for some reason, last year I bought the Gladiator Mojave in Sting Grey instead of the SRT) Go figure...

• Thumbs Up 1

Love some of the classics but most important now is getting Red and White!

00388AC0-B511-440E-90B9-4EFEB9FB0816.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

This was my favorite to drive back in the day.  No triggering intended. 

Bountiful Abduction A Hoax, Police Say | UPR Utah Public Radio

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 12:10 PM, 30Duck said:

Voila!  

image.jpeg.b90f4b4c223b9a321556ba61cd35066a.jpeg

Thanks, 30Duck! ❤️ Just like mine, except mine was a cream color with tan and brown interior--and mats that matched, instead of tire-tread black so many mats are now.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Arctuniol said:

This is the most beautiful car made, and I happen to have one in my driveway. Needs a bath and to put the cover back on. I do drive it once in a while. 

WWW.BING.COM

Find high-quality images, photos, and animated GIFS with Bing Images

After failing the Mustang brand for decades Ford finally did it justice, nice! I had a nice old mustang, and always was interested in the latest models coming out. I actually stopped paying attention as they just kept disappointing, year after year, decade after decade.

Hopefully Oregon and Lanning  will bring the brand back, and do it justice again too!

I suppose that is what Mario is trying to do at Miami. Bring the brand back, not sure that one can be repeated.

Saban did it at Alabama, Riley is trying to do it at sc, and the list goes on. Well done on picking up that Mustang!

On 5/11/2022 at 1:00 PM, Mudslide said:

My handsomest car?  Sometime ca. 1966 I had an opportunity to buy a 1957 M-B 300 SL Gullwing for...........$4,000.  This was off of a new/used car dealer.  $4,000.  😪  And it was in just this color....

608009100_MercedesBenz300SLGullwing.thumb.jpg.85728d4c58bacce98da4b65b1ba959e0.jpg

That is much like the Saab story I heard in reverse. I guy came to work for a software company, and was told he would be paid in stock options as a signing bonus. He had heard about getting a car as a bonus so he negotiated getting a car instead, quite the negotiator. He got a Saab, instead of Microsoft stock before any splits. Quite the sob story.

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2022 at 2:20 PM, Haywarduck said:

That is much like the Saab story I heard in reverse. I guy came to work for a software company, and was told he would be paid in stock options as a signing bonus. He had heard about getting a car as a bonus so he negotiated getting a car instead, quite the negotiator. He got a Saab, instead of Microsoft stock before any splits. Quite the sob story.

Ouch!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, case closed.  

Duck Truck front.JPG

Duck Truck.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

I like something a little more contemporary. 

Limited-run Aston Martin V12 Vantage - with 690bhp379799067_AstonMartinV12Vantage.thumb.jpg.2d3c3f64d064f1f61764cbac9d4fcc30.jpg

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is beautiful to me because-

A-its paid off.

B-it gets 26mpg in the city.

C- it gets 36 MPG on the highway.

D- because of certain issues Hyundai gave me an additionalUSC30HYC161B021001.thumb.jpg.1dda06e9731e05f5219b6b08a330c0f8.jpg 150,000 mile warranty on the engine and the dct transmission.

E- I hope it doesnt catch on fire.

F- it has paddle shifters.

• Thumbs Up 1

My 1955 Cadillac Coupe De Ville show car, "Marilyn" at the Serbu lot across from the North Autzen entrance.

To say the least, she's a bit of an attention getter!

No photo description available.

IMG_1200.JPG

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1959 Chevrolet Corvette - C1 | Classic Driver Market

Always loved the early corvettes!  Got to be a convertible.  🙂

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, Wrathis said:

While I'm not reaching back to the Classics like some, to me the 2021 Grand Cherokee SRT is one sexy beast! A 6.4 Hemi stuffed inside an unassuming SUV just seems tough to beat! So for me, this is sexy, well made and what I want. (although for some reason, last year I bought the Gladiator Mojave in Sting Grey instead of the SRT) Go figure...

They didn't save Studebaker but the 1964 Avanti was sharp.

1964-Studebaker-Avanti-0061.jpg

1964-Studebaker-Avanti-0041.jpg

Having spent most of my life as a new car dealer I will have to agree that the body styling of the jag was outstanding, but mechanically ir was a disaster.  I remember my attorney had one and it spent most of it's time in the shop waiting for parts.  He sold the car in San Diego, because it was far enough from Portland to make a law suit kind of speedy.

Am I the only Hot Rodder on here? I love any model of 1932 Ford. From the Beach Boys album cover "Little Deuce Coupe" to this Sedan Delivery. Henry only made 418 Deliveries modified from standard Tudor sedans. Hot Rodders have recreated a few more. 

http://hotrodcarbs.com/wp-content/gallery/customer-gallery/0807rc_01_zpoteets_1932_ford_sedan_del.jpg

On 5/11/2022 at 7:50 AM, Charles Fischer said:

NOT the beautiful car...

giphy.gif

Wow... I thought transformers were supposed to become something more, well... functional?

At one point in time I had a cotvette yellow 1969 El Camino SS, my younger bro had a green 69 Buick GS, my oldest brother a dark metallic green 68 GTO, and my brother in law almost trumped us all with his silver and black 1970 Judge.

Dang, I wish I had one photo of all those classics in the same driveway!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/12/2022 at 7:31 AM, 5390john said:

My 1955 Cadillac Coupe De Ville show car, "Marilyn" at the Serbu lot across from the North Autzen entrance.

To say the least, she's a bit of an attention getter!

No photo description available.

IMG_1200.JPG

That is downright gorgeous.  There's just nothing like classic Detroit metal.

It wasn't a spectacular car, but when I saw the license plate, I wanted to congratulate the driver for making the trip over here from Hawaii. 

1967 Pontiac Firebird

image.jpeg.77936bde2db3740e1e529260bb377288.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/13/2022 at 6:10 AM, PittDuck said:

1967 Pontiac Firebird

image.jpeg.77936bde2db3740e1e529260bb377288.jpeg

Another beautiful example.  Personally I'd probably go with the GTO, but this would be a close second.  I hate that the Pontiac brand doesn't exist anymore.