Charles Fischer

What is on YOUR Sports Bucket List?

I am curious as to where other Duck fans want to visit eventually...what is on YOUR Sports Bucket List?  (It does not have to be Oregon related)

I think I would like to go to a Chargers game while Justin is still there, and I need to get back to a bowl game again.  And I would like to go to some away Baseball games, and experience other venues around the conference.

How about you?

Herbert vs Cleveland 2021 2_Charger Twitter.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Great idea, Charles, you took a good one with being at a Chargers game, besides that, definitely a seat to watch the Ducks win the Natty followed a few months later with another Final Four victory and then be courtside as the Ducks cut the nets.

It would be fun to get a bus like Madden had and a bunch of friends and just take a visit of all of the stadia of the NFL, MLB and NBA.  Ever since I started watching Wimbledon back in the 70's I wanted to be one of the kids that  stood ready to rush out and get the errant ball off the court. 

Funny thing is that as much as I love football, I don't really go to games.  I've seen the Ducks play in person literally ONE TIME - my wife got us fantastic tickets to see Herbert and the Ducks get absolutely slaughtered by a crappy Arizona team in Tucson.  Never even been inside Autzen.

I've seen the Cardinals play a few times, and most importantly saw my Steelers destroy Tennessee at Heinz Field on Thursday Night Football a few years ago.  Been courtside at a few Clippers games and saw my namesake and the Showtime Lakers play in the Great Western Forum a few times.  Lots and lots of Pepperdine basketball and volleyball games.  Suns, Mercury, Rattlers, Angels, Dodgers, Coyotes, and Diamondbacks a few times.

But bucket list?  If Oregon made the NC game or the Steelers went back to the Super Bowl, frankly I would prefer to watch it on a 60" TV in the comfort of my home.  My only bucket list thing (and we'll probably do this pretty soon) is to see Portugal play in person.  (Can't call is soccer any more - I have to do "football" and "American football".)  If I had the chance to do NBA or something like North Carolina or Kansas basketball courtside, I'd do that in a heartbeat - but you can see the whole court from that close.  Football you miss half the action even if you have great seats.

Would love to just travel one year and go to  football games /weekends at all the great college football game day environments around the country.  Mainly in the south, but would also like to see Clemson, Ohio State, probably Michigan, Notre Dame, and maybe Penn State besides.   That would mean I would be pretty inebriated for a couple months, but a sacrifice I'm ready and willing to make. 🤪 

• Thumbs Up 2

Forgot the Masters!

• Thumbs Up 1

Would like to return to the College World Series.  Saw some of it once at Rosenblatt, would like to see it at the new place.  Women's College World Series.  

Final Four would be good.  An Olympics would be neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have too much to do to sit and watch much. I am still training for a few big races and enjoy participating in sports still. I want to do as much as I can until I have to watch.

I suppose experiencing some sporting events with friends would be on my bucket list, but not too high. If a friend said they had tickets to a big event, I would make time. My bucket list is still full of things I want to do, not so much see.

Kentucky Derby.  Got married @ 12:34 5/6/78, the day Affirmed won (last triple crown winner until 2015) Would love to go 5/6/28 on our 50th anniversary (as long as I can count to 8, I can remember it.)

• Like 1

Too many to list.  Have checked off some and the best have been enjoying the event with one or both of my kids and building those memories.  My son still talks about beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.   Rose Bowl with Utah playing was a big one and worth it even though the end sucked.  See a game in Eugene is right up there - can’t make it this year but soon.  See Utah in a playoff game.

Really want to see games in certain stadiums - SoFi, Death Valley (both), AT&T and Bryant-Denny.  Would love to experience one of the big college football rivalries like the Iron Bowl, MI/tOSU, FL/GA.

US woman’s soccer team in the World Cup final, NBA finals game with the Jazz (right after I get a unicorn).  Super Bowl with one of our teams playing.

Would love to play St. Andrews with my son - and a few other courses that are on his bucket list.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1) Run the table going to every game in a Duck football season (by RV if possible).

2) seeing as many NHL games live as possible 

3) a game 7 NHL final would be epic

4) a Final 4 with the Ducks basketball 

5) boxing title fight with good seats 

Currently, my goals are to see the Daytona 500, the U.S. Open and the Masters. The U.S. Open is in my hometown in 2 years, so that should happen barring any sudden changes.

Other than that, I’ve been to Autzen and Texas Stadium. I saw the Zags play in Chapel Hill, NC a couple of years ago and have been to a few of their games at the MAC in Spokane. I also saw the Midnight Sun baseball game up in Fairbanks, AK back in 2011 and I highly recommend it. I’m pretty satisfied so far, but if I ever visit Boston in the Fall then I would like to visit Fenway..

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

My bucket list is short and sweet. 

Catch a 40 lb. chinook in the morning, watch the Ducks win the Nattie in the afternoon, and hit a par 4 hole in one at sunset at Torrey Pines.  Easy peasy.

Duck National Championships in football and basketball---before I croak.

To see Portland get an NHL team too.

Edited by 1Ducker1

Go drive the Nurburgring with my Porsche that I picked up in Stuttgart earlier without destroying it.

Then pop over to watch the 24 Hours of LeMans before driving down to Sorrento, Italy to hang on the Amalfi coast for a month or two. 

Guest Axel

I doubt that anyone wants to hear about my ordinary bucket list with dopey things like “See the Toledo Rockets win a national championship in anything” or “Cheer the Lions on to a Super Bowl victory.”

No, I think you’d much rather see my super-ambitious list of sports hopes and dreams…

My ultimate “Top 10” sports bucket list

10.  Pull the plug on Traveler

9.  Torpedo the fleet outside Husky Stadium

8.  Sic the repo man on the Sooner Schooner 

7.  Ship Butch T. Cougar to the Serengeti--see how he does there

6.  Move Utah to West Virginia or someplace they can't bother us anymore

5.  Stick Brutus way high in a Buckeye tree

4.  Cart that obnoxious Stanford Tree to the sawmill

3.  Offer up Benny the Beaver to cancer research

2.  Fill in as a Pac-12 ref and screw over those insufferable Huskies

1.  Kick 10 field goals for My Beloved Ducks in the natty, beat the Canes 30-2

Chargers in Atlanta Nov 9.

Possible Mariota vs Herbert match up! 

That's a wish for me.

Isle of Man TT (motorcycle race)

Monaco GP (F1 Race)

Ducks vs Bama (NCG) 2023!

Those are my bucket list dreams....

Planning on:

UO vs GA Sept. 3rd 2022

Chargers vs Raiders Dec 4th 2022

• Wow 1

I feel like I'm piggy-backing on some here, but it should be no surprise that we have some of these items in common...

1. Watch the Ducks in Autzen, MKA and PK Park (considering flying up for the BYU game this season)

2. Isle of Man TT (I missed my chance to cheer on Guy Martin 🙁)

3. Attend a Worlds Strongest Man

4. Play a round at Bandon Dunes

5. Watch a MotoGP race at CotA (which is only 5 hours away)

Edited by Wrathis
  • Applause 1

On 5/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, Goutes18 said:

Super Bowl with one of our teams playing.

Curious - what are "our teams" in Utah?  I grew up in Oregon even before the Seahawks and latched onto the Steelers because most locals were 49ers fan and my family escaped Cali so I wasn't interested in following them.  Most of us ended up fans of the Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Rams, etc. - the teams most often featured on TV because they were good.  Wondering if it's the same around the Wasatch range.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:56 PM, Drake said:

Then pop over to watch the 24 Hours of LeMans before driving down to Sorrento, Italy to hang on the Amalfi coast for a month or two. 

My wife's bucket list includes renting a supercar (Ferrari, Lamborghini) and driving the roads around the Amalfi coast, ever since we did that in a crappy mini-compact rental a few years back.  Me, I'm more the '59 Coupe de Ville type of person, and those simply don't fit on our European roads.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:22 AM, DUCati855 said:

Isle of Man TT (motorcycle race)

Monaco GP (F1 Race)

Ducks vs Bama (NCG) 2023!

Those are my bucket list dreams....

Planning on:

UO vs GA Sept. 3rd 2022

Chargers vs Raiders Dec 4th 2022

Sorry, caught a typo - I think you meant to write "Ducks BEATING Bama (NCG) 2023."

Happy to help...

On 5/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Sorry, caught a typo - I think you meant to write "Ducks BEATING Bama (NCG) 2023."

Happy to help...

Yes.... Thank you for your help!

On 5/17/2022 at 10:14 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

My wife's bucket list includes renting a supercar (Ferrari, Lamborghini) and driving the roads around the Amalfi coast, ever since we did that in a crappy mini-compact rental a few years back.  Me, I'm more the '59 Coupe de Ville type of person, and those simply don't fit on our European roads.  

Lol…the tour buses on the Amalfi coast make you want to drive a beat up sub-compact. Those hairpin corners make the road seem like a bike path in some places.

I watched a brand new Ferrari a few years back slowly creep by a bus with literally an inch or two to spare.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:10 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Curious - what are "our teams" in Utah?  I grew up in Oregon even before the Seahawks and latched onto the Steelers because most locals were 49ers fan and my family escaped Cali so I wasn't interested in following them.  Most of us ended up fans of the Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Rams, etc. - the teams most often featured on TV because they were good.  Wondering if it's the same around the Wasatch range.

In Utah it was always the Broncos and 49ers on tv so lots of fans of those teams here - especially when Steve Young was in SF.  I grew up a Cowboys fan (so painful now - I am trying to quit) Loved Roger Staubach and those cheerleaders!  Also Ravens fans - somehow that became my son’s team and honestly a lot more interesting to follow than the Jerry Jones underachievers.   Still more passionate about CFB and the Utes.  

• Great post! 1

WOW!! I'm so fortunate, my Bucket is full of completed items. I was a teenage groom and father, the kids grew up fast and left home which gave us the freedom to travel. Have been season ticket holders since 1995 ( I've only missed one game). Two Rose Bowls , Penn State & tOSU. Holiday Bowls, Cotton, Sun Bowls and I want to forget the Seattle Bowl. Championship Game in Glendale (he was down). We have been to 9 of the Pac 12 venues. Still on the list are Stanford, Colorado and Tempe. 

We have been in or thru 43 states on a motorcycle or a 1948 Ford. In November we are doing a Mississippi River paddle boat trip from NOLA to Memphis then a rental car loop thru SEC country to pick up 6 more states that leave only a trip to Hawaii to complete all 50.   

Been to Sturgis, Daytona 500, did the Iron Butt 1000. Been to Rome, Paris, London. Multiple Caribbean Islands and the Panama Canal, various Mexican touristy seaports. 

What's left? Indianapolis 500. I received an add for driving an exotic at PIR that will only cost me half of my SS check. I did a Petty car at Las Vegas a few years ago. 135mph. 

Tantamount for November will be to find good sports bars in New Orleans and Vicksburg to watch the home game we will miss on the riverboat cruise. The good news for my brother in law and my son is they will get belated and early, respectively, Birthday presents of game tickets.   

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1