cartm25

BREAKING: Ducks Land 4-Star RB for Class of 2023

I love alliteration, "Dante Dowdell destroys defenders during devastating downfield dash!"

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knock me over with a Duck feather! How did we outbid Tennessee?

He was offered by six SEC teams along with Florida State, and he is a 4-Star on Rivals as well.

This makes three 4-Star players out of four verbally committed for 2023.

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks get their bell cow RB.  Great pickup for Lanning and the Ducks who all of a sudden have an RB room full of studs.

Edited by Orebcker

On 5/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Inquiring minds want to know

Beard Hunk GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Actually it came down to Ole Miss and Oregon.  Rebel fans thought he was theirs.

He is a slasher who hits the hole fast. Strong punch and nice knee lift.

Wait till he puts on another 15 pounds of good weight.

A real bruiser. A "long day at the office" for the defense.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:03 PM, ChicoDuck1 said:

He is a slasher who hits the hole fast. Strong punch and nice knee lift.

Any information you can provide anytime is quite welcome ChicoDuck!  With another 15 pounds...he could be the ideal RB for 3rd or 4th and short?

This guy could break tackles...

Jonathan Stewart_Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Solid commit. This is the type of guy that can wear down defenders as the game goes into the 4th quarter. Not much fun tackling a +225 lbs. RB all game long. 

Let’s see, big RB, smaller agile RBs, tall and fast receivers, QBs that can pass and run, seems like we are putting together a nice “buffet” of offensive firepower. 

Look forward to watching these guys in a pro style up-tempo offense that is “making football fun” for both the  players and fans. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't wait to see who they want as their next great qb. The transfers and leftover players from Mario are great, but this is extremely interesting to see the O-lineman, RB's and WR's Lanning, and crew are bringing in as freshman. The O seems to be back in Oregon!

4.5 speed, 329 carries, over 2500 yds. Investing in the future. 

On 5/13/2022 at 3:03 PM, ChicoDuck1 said:

Wait till he puts on another 15 pounds of good weight.

Absolutely, do that, and we're looking at Najee Harris!

I like the direction Coach Lanning and Locklyn are taking the program.  Lanning clearly gets what the Ducks need to do in order to compete with the SEC and win a championship. 

The Ducks have offered 4 different RBs including Dowdell that are all 6'1.  The biggest was Roderick Robinson II who stands at 6'1 and already weighs 230 lbs. This may be the new RB frame that college football is trending towards, with every program looking for the next Derrick Henry.  You never know...these kids could still shoot up another couple inches.

Won't go down at first contact, another item I am a little tired of seeing. Bringing back the big back with the stiff arm, love it.

For a big back his wiggle and ability to stab a foot in the ground and change directions is exceptional. He runs angry with good power and contact balance rarely going down on first contact.

Best part about this kid, he is a TEAM guy ....

“We’ve known for a long time,” Dowdell’s stepfather Lawrence Hopkins said.

Dowdell just wanted to wait till the end of his spring season before going public, keeping the steady flow of colleges coaches to come by the school to see his teammates while they were going through camp."

• Applause 4

Money is nice and all, but I'm sure the players still think a lot about scheme, culture, fit, etc...  

• Thumbs Up 1