Orebcker

5-Star QB Jaden Rashada Visiting This Weekend

Duck recruiting is on a roll of late especially with skill positions on offense.  With the recent commitments of WR’s Kasper and Dickey, along with RB Dowdell, the table setting is nearly complete with two key skill positions to fill.  One is at tight end where all eyes are on Central Catholic’s Riley Williams who reportedly favors the Ducks.  

In regards to QB, the timing seems perfect for Jayden Rashada’s visit this weekend.  Rashada is Dennis Dixon 2.0 though I consider him to be more college ready than DD at this point in their careers.  Just a guess on my part but I’d say Texas A&M has a slight lead over the Ducks.  That could well change as Lanning & co. make their pitch this weekend.

• Let’s hope! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Let's pass the collection plate to help out in our eternal struggle with The Jimbo

image.gif

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Applause 1

I see coach D just offered another qb, one that was liking the beavs. The kid got offered by UW also...

I'm wondering if that means they think JR is going elsewhere?

I guess we gotta cover all bases.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:08 AM, DanLduck said:

I see coach D just offered another qb, one that was liking the beavs. The kid got offered by UW also...

I'm wondering if that means they think JR is going elsewhere?

I guess we gotta cover all bases.

Have heard on a podcast that the new offer is a longer term prospect due to playing behind a 5-star, COVID season, and an injury in HS.  Apparently has all the tools, but needs reps due to HS circumstances.  Speculation is that the Ducks take 2 QB's in 23 and this guy won't scare off a more polished classmate, like a Rashada.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, Orebcker said:

Duck recruiting is on a roll of late especially with skill positions on offense.  With the recent commitments of WR’s Kasper and Dickey, along with RB Dowdell, the table setting is nearly complete with two key skill positions to fill.  One is at tight end where all eyes are on Central Catholic’s Riley Williams who reportedly favors the Ducks.  

In regards to QB, the timing seems perfect for Jayden Rashada’s visit this weekend.  Rashada is Dennis Dixon 2.0 though I consider him to be more college ready than DD at this point in their careers.  Just a guess on my part but I’d say Texas A&M has a slight lead over the Ducks.  That could well change as Lanning & co. make their pitch this weekend.

First I've heard of A@M leading for this Rashada guy and honestly I don't think Jimbo is that good of a HC anymore and he did it at FSU and look at all the star power they have gotten since he got there and they continue to fall way short with all that talent. I believe Rashada is all Oregon's to lose. Dixon was a 4 star and R is a 5 star so there is a difference yet I do like the comparison. Whoever we get at QB though needs to be legit, ready to play and compete for the starters position. That's the difference when 5 star QBs come to your school.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just read he's making a statement tomorrow. We just had him on campus this prior weekend. Maybe just like Connelly?????

• Let’s hope! 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

cif-norcal-1-a-regional-football-finals-
NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Pittsburg High School (California) five-star quarterback Jaden Rashada is one step closer to making his college decision. After teasing a mysterious Tuesday

June 18th announcement. Oregon makes the cut.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:21 PM, DUCati855 said:
cif-norcal-1-a-regional-football-finals-
NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Pittsburg High School (California) five-star quarterback Jaden Rashada is one step closer to making his college decision. After teasing a mysterious Tuesday

June 18th announcement. Oregon makes the cut.

Thanks for the update. I wanted to make a speculative post that shows this teasing out for at least 4 more dates before a decision is made, but I wasn't sure if that would violate the guidelines or not.

On 5/17/2022 at 12:28 PM, Wrathis said:

I wanted to make a speculative post that shows this teasing out for at least 4 more dates before a decision is made

Yeah, a lot of build up just to cut the list to seven. But, at least DL and the boys (@UO) are still in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had to figure Tenn was out of NIL $$$.

Looking at some of the Miami forums, they think it's a given that  Rashada will be going to commit to Miami based on Mario and their NIL deals.  What a delussional fanbase they have.  They think it's between them and Mississippi St, but they'll get him.  I've seen or heard nothing favoring any of the schools mentioned.

I don't know about the rest of u but the way the players are advertising their commitments now is just to much. What a bunch of prima donnas.

I'm now questioning if I even want him on our team. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I don't feel like it.

• Applause 2

On 5/18/2022 at 8:44 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I don't know about the rest of u but the way the players are advertising their commitments now is just to much. What a bunch of prima donnas.

I'm now questioning if I even want him on our team. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I don't feel like it.

Very solid point. I don't remember Dixon, Thomas, Mariota or Herbert doing this kind of stuff...and they all played above their grade. They were humble, hungry and heroic in their play and excellent role models as well. I'd prefer a 3/4* with drive than some of these "I'm taking my talents to..." spoiled kids.

• Thanks 1