EastBayDuckDad

Pay No Attention to the Chipper Behind the Curtain

This is a fun read about how the innovative and now iconic sideline placards during the Kelly Era were just a diversion from the actual play calls. Genius.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep, Coach Boles and I were discussing it the other day (it was in a John Canzano article) and laughing about how we were all fooled.  I recall a few of us spending time trying to look at how the pictures could relate to something in the offense...and just got nothing. 

In fact other teams were using cards, only they actual had code in them!  Some may still have working cards...

A fun time of extreme scoring that might be back with Coach Dillingham?

Please, please, PLEASE!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

A great title and story about another way that Chip at Oregon completely revolutionized the sport!

On 5/14/2022 at 10:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Yep, Coach Boles and I were discussing it the other day (it was in a John Canzano article) and laughing about how we were all fooled.  I recall a few of us spending time trying to look at how the pictures could relate to something in the offense...and just got nothing. 

In fact other teams were using cards, only they actual had code in them!  Some may still have working cards...

A fun time of extreme scoring that might be back with Coach Dillingham?

Please, please, PLEASE!

giphy.gif

Yes, yes yes 40+ points a game and a Georgia shut down defense if you please and with the talent and the talent in these coach's I just see this being a real possibility.