FishDuck Article

Lanning’s 2022 Recruiting Class--'Better Than I Originally Thought'

Another look into the 2022 recruiting class was necessary after all the late additions, and considering the application of my usual measuring standards.  The result was surprising to me...

Dave-luli_Rivals-Video-300x300-cropped.j
FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon Head Coach Dan Lanning has been impressing everyone with the portal transfers brought in, and the recruiting of freshmen for 2023. At one time the...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Agree with all you said and especially what you ended with,

what will these coaches do when they have a couple of years of relationship building with the best players of the 2024 and 2025 classes? Throw in some good success on the football field and a “buzz” about the program

the other element is the development of talent. It seems that is what is driving the Locklyn's success. He can sell the fact he has put so many players in the NFL. Dowdell could be the back we have been wanting for a while. Donte may be that guy, but I also wonder who Locklyn can bring in after the relationship building and success you speak of.

An exciting program will bring back the buzz for playing at the O because we have an O again. Add the D we have seldom had and the future looks extremely bright. So bright I may have to leave my green glasses on all summer!

5 stars on both lines, blazing speed and skill on the edges, in the backfields, at LB.  Serious depth, NFL futures.  A decent QB could = nat-ty!  

I agree 100%, if they can coach as well as they recruit a national championship is certainly attainable.  It seems like the whole staff are dedicated recruiters, I also believe that with a change in offensive philosophy we can appeal to almost any player in the land.

In crediting the coaches...I made an oversight, although it would have pulled the article beyond 1,000 words. I should have mentioned how Defensive line Coach Tony Tuioti has killed it as well.  First he convinced defensive line verbals Ben Roberts and Sir Mells to stick with Oregon, when it appeared we would lose both. Then he killed-it in the portal getting a massive nose tackle from Washington to come to Oregon, as well as two defensive linemen from his Nebraska team.  The last one, Casey Rogers, looks like he could be starter here, were it not for Brandon Dorlus...

Oh wait!  There's more as he received a verbal from 2023 recruit Tevita Pome'e, who was offered by USC and Washington...thus his impact at Oregon has been huge in this short time.

I was "iffy" about this hire from Lanning originally, and like the RB coach....Coach Lanning knew a whole lot more than I!

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck