Steven A

Is Oregon Poised for Top-10 Recruiting Classes?

24/7 Sports National recruiting analyst Greg Biggins thinks so.

11054294.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Over the last few seasons, the Oregon Ducks have turned their football program into one of the best programs in recruiting. The Ducks have led the Pac-12 Conference in

• Thanks 1

In my article written today and in the comment below, I give kudos to four of the assistant coaches Lanning brought in that have been exceptional thus far in recruiting.

While it augers well, we just have to wait and see if he actually gets it done in December and February. I would bet yes, but we don’t have a big enough sample size to extrapolate as much as we would want. 

Some fantastic quotes in that article by a highly regarded recruiting analyst.  Whew!

Mr. FishDuck

Salvaging the 22 class was impressive. I am convinced this staff will put together top 5 classes on occasion and top 10 year to year. 

What we don't know is if game day coaching and development will improve. From watching the spring game, I suspect it will. 

On 5/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, Log Haulin said:

Salvaging the 22 class was impressive. I am convinced this staff will put together top 5 classes on occasion and top 10 year to year. 

What we don't know is if game day coaching and development will improve. From watching the spring game, I suspect it will. 

Really though, how can game day coaching not improve?  It was pretty pathetic previously, these coaches seem really motivated, and while young, they have a wealth of experience to draw from.  I'm really excited to see what this team looks like and to see the enthusiasm of the players.  Give Lanning a year of experience as head coach and I think we'll be more than fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, 47sgs said:

Really though, how can game day coaching not improve?  It was pretty pathetic previously, these coaches seem really motivated, and while young, they have a wealth of experience to draw from.  I'm really excited to see what this team looks like and to see the enthusiasm of the players.  Give Lanning a year of experience as head coach and I think we'll be more than fine.

True, MC was painful to watch on game day. Lanning can't do any worse. Just haven't seen him coach a game yet. He is knocking it out of the park in every way so far. I suspect he is going to become a top 5 coach in less than 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

We are now consistently listed in the top 5 choices of many talented recruits. Winning those battles solidifies the impression that Oregon is on the uptick. 

I have expectations that our defense will create problems for many teams. Defensive recruits will pay attention.

If Oregon can get solid QB play the offensive scheme  will grab even more attention. I know that I am excited to watch this unfold.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:20 PM, Drake said:

I have expectations that our defense will create problems for many teams. Defensive recruits will pay attention.

Amen, Duck-Brother. Between that and Lanning's rep at Georgia...we may have days ahead of on defense we never imagined in the past.

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Amen, Duck-Brother. Between that and Lanning's rep at Georgia...we may have days ahead of on defense we never imagined in the past.

Can't wait.  Scoring is cool and all, but I love me some dominating D 

• Thumbs Up 1