Charles Fischer

I'm Getting a Serious Man-Crush on Coach Locklyn...

If I had a son who was a running back? I would want this guy coaching him...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

His mantra is like this one...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I like the way he talks about his belief that he is there to provide guidance beyond just football.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Locklyn was the one hire I saw as a head scratcher at first do to his lack of experience. After listening to him speak and hearing how players think of him, he now seems like one of the best hires on the staff. It may take this team a year to gel and for the coaching staff to adjust to their new roles but they may also storm right out the gate as a top five team and coaches like Locklyn are the reason why.

• Thumbs Up 1

There have been some darn good RB coaches in the recent past, but something just seemed to be missing ever since the departure of Gary Campbell. Like GC, Locklyn appears to provide his boys with a father-figure as well as being their coach, and also like Gary, just another no name who just does it.

• Thumbs Up 3

It seems the difference, so far, between Campbell and Locklyn is Campbell brought in elite talent and put them in the NFL. Locklyn seems too, in his past job, bring in diamonds in the rough, more like a Kenjon Barner, and turn them into NFL players.

Every one of our greatest back in modern program history, except Bobby Moore, were coached by Campbell. Can Locklyn turn one of these guys into a top ten in our program history? Maybe it will take one of his new recruits coming in the future to break into the list.

Our previous RB coach, along with the meddler, certainly couldn't develop a draftable product. Run hard straight into where I tell you doesn't cut it.

It seems like the backs who are coming in are signing up to be turned into NFL players. They all seem like hard workers with ability to be honed into elite talent. It will definitely be interesting to see what Locklyn produces, and how they fair compared to Campbell wrecking crew over the years. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Charles and I have the same wicked mind.....when I read that I thought:

This is my rifle, this is my gun.....