Charles Fischer

Kickoff Time Set For Season Opener Against Georgia

(Oregon Athletic Dept. Press Release to Credentialed Media)

EUGENE, Ore. — The Oregon football team’s 2022 season opener against Georgia in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game on September 3 will kick off at 12:30 p.m. PT on ABC, the network announced on Tuesday morning.

The game will be played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and will be the first meeting between the Ducks and the Bulldogs since 1977. This will be Oregon’s first appearance in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.

First-year head coach Dan Lanning will make his Oregon debut against his former team after helping lead Georgia to the national championship last season before taking over full time in Eugene. Lanning directed the top defense in the nation throughout his three seasons as the Bulldogs’ defensive coordinator, allowing just 13.6 points per game during that stretch.

Oregon’s allotment of tickets for the game is already sold out due to the incredible support of the Ducks’ season ticket holders and donors.

Ducks Put On Spring Game Show

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Let's hope they have something special planned for the unis - but not ridiculous "special," like the pink highlights or the orange socks.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:18 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Let's hope they have something special planned for the unis - but not ridiculous "special," like the pink highlights or the orange socks.

The uni's will be just one statement we will see in Hotlanta about how Lanning will run the team. I may not even notice the uni's, there will be so many other things to focus on. 

Unfortunately it almost seemed like a highlight when Mario was coaching. What would the uniforms be come gameday, because we knew the offense wasn't going to change!

On 5/17/2022 at 1:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oregon’s allotment of tickets for the game is already sold out due to the incredible support of the Ducks’ season ticket holders and donors.

I wonder what was the allotment that was given out for the game?

It will be great to see a good contingent of duck fans supporting the team at the game.  We had a good turn out when we played Auburn in Dallas, TX.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:15 AM, NJDuck said:

I wonder what was the allotment that was given out for the game?

Georgia was given 3x the number we were. So much for "neutral" location. 

Neutral location- LOL  

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:05 PM, DanLduck said:

Georgia was given 3x the number we were. So much for "neutral" location. 

Where did you get this information DanLDuck (as if I could snag one of UGA's allotment, LOL)?

At least they don't have us playing at 9 a.m.. That would have really leveled the playing field like last year at tOSU.

Gives me jet lag 72 just thinking about it.

Looking forward to watching it.  Hope time does not conflict with Utah-Florida.  Also want to see Utah State - Alabama that day though that one may not be available.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:14 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Where did you get this information DanLDuck (as if I could snag one of UGA's allotment, LOL)?

Don't remember, but I read it in some article. I know you can get some on the secondary market for $$$.

I'd like to see the Ducks wear dark green (almost black) unis with last names and numbers only for every game.....only rotating helmets between white, yellow and green.

Kinda old school Penn St but updated.

On 5/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I'd like to see the Ducks wear dark green (almost black) unis with last names and numbers only for every game.....only rotating helmets between white, yellow and green.

Kinda old school Penn St but updated.

Nice! If I were choosing, I think I'd go with the 2013 Alamo Bowl look...

Oregon1.jpg?force_isolation=true 

• Thumbs Up 1