Haywarduck

Gloves Are Off With Recruiting And NIL

Saban kind of sounds similar to his complaints back when the hurry up started. We all know what happened after he got done whining. You think they are going to meet midfield, and shake hands after the game October 8th? You think they are going to meet midfield and shake hands after their game October 8th?

472051e0-d787-11ec-bff7-dcd226ab3e38
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Jimbo Fisher did not hold back in his defense of Texas A&M, accusing Nick Saban of having his own skeletons in his closet.

All just hot air and egos at work. 

I'm not a Saban fan, but I loved how he called out Texas A&M(Jimbo) and Jacksonville St. (Deion).  As far as we know neither school broke any rules, but they absolutely bought players.  Alabama bought players.  Just about every school has bought players with the new NIL deals.  

The venom both responded to Nick, kind has me feeling they might not be on the up and up with everything.  Should have just responded, we are using the new NIL guidelines to our advantage.

You'll notice that Fischer doesn't explicitly deny knowing exactly how much A&M's NIL collective has and whether he uses that in his recruiting.

Kiffin pipes in and keeps going, too funny. I think if the forward pass was just legalized Saban wouldn't use it, and then would complain about everyone doing it. He did the same thing on the hurry up offense. 'Why can't everyone just do what they were when I was winning everything!' Said Sobbing Saban.

4b9d5588a6b2fe477e071d20721694d3
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Ole Miss football coach Lane Kiffin spent Thursday on Twitter voicing his opinions about the ongoing war of words from Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, kirklandduck said:

You'll notice that Fischer doesn't explicitly deny knowing exactly

Ouch! Ouch! As Jimbo is Fisher, and I am Fischer!

Mr. FishDuck

And Dion says, 'I don't even make $1 million a year' Saban is looking like a whining fool.

If the rules change and you can't hit the qb a certain way, you don't do it. The same thing when O-lineman were given different rules on use of their hands. You adjust, and adapt, unless you are Saban, then you whine first and then hire somebody to compete like everyone else.

e2248cd71f344a63238d2e03e9ec865d
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Jackson State football's Travis Hunter challenged Alabama coach Nick Saban's accusation of $1M payment to players.

I am always sympathetic to a man who is worth $35 million dollars when they complain about other employers outbidding them for employees.  

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Ouch! Ouch! As Jimbo is Fisher, and I am Fischer!

Whoops, autocorrect strikes again!  Haha

On 5/19/2022 at 1:31 PM, Pocketchange said:

I am always sympathetic to a man who is worth $35 million dollars when they complain about other employers outbidding them for employees.  

I thought I read somewhere that his personal worth is somewhere north of $100 million...

Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!! Dem' Boyz set up College Football for the main event come 10/08/22!!! I will be watching!!

On 5/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, kirklandduck said:

I thought I read somewhere that his personal worth is somewhere north of $100 million...

Still has to do commercials, makes one wonder? Coaches have no time, and are paid too much, but you see them make commercials?

I would have my place on the beach where the waves are pumping, and another where the snow is always the lightest and just do the job I am passionate about.

• Thumbs Up 1

The latest, Saban finally heard the echo of what he said,

d7d9f180-d7c0-11ec-9b67-f94543078d39
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Nick Saban attempted to clear the air with Jimbo Fisher with an apology of sorts.

We will see what happens when a whole lot of these players dont bring home the wins, get benched then transfer to another school. I see as much potential for backfire as for success.

• Whew! 1
  • Great post! 1

On 5/19/2022 at 5:16 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

We will see what happens when a whole lot of these players dont bring home the wins, get benched then transfer to another school. I see as much potential for backfire as for success.

Agree, some of what Saban has said was spot on. The way he said it was, unfortunately, just the way Saban does things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who didn’t know this was coming? 

Saban has been waiting for the proper forum to drop this whammy on A&M, and when he felt the time was right, he pounced.  His comments were not off-the-cuff.  What he said was well thought out in a very calculated, Uncle Nick fashion. 

I’ll go so far as to say he was also aware of the degree to which this would upset his easily offended, emotional, understudy.  He just tossed a big old lure in front of Jimbo and he bit. 

In addition, he had the foresight to know he would have to issue an apology.  This is playing out just like a court room drama where the attorney does something he knows will be inadmissible but he does it anyway knowing it will leave an indelible image on members of the jury. 

Here’s a simplified glimpse into Nick’s internal monologue leading up to the assault:

Get an audience and toss A&M under the bus while playing my “woe is me” card (I do this a lot), issue fake apology (Oh...I’ve done this before) after Fisher gets crazy (Inevitable), and make sure the lasting stain from this isn’t that I struck again, but that A&M HAS BOUGHT THEIR ENTIRE TEAM.

I find the whole thing rather humorous as both participants are looking like whiners in this premeditated, first degree verbal incident.  Maybe if you take the side of either coach it says a little bit about what kind of whine you like?

The Saban whine is direct, authoritative, and concludes with you asking yourself, “Is this guy asking me to pity him?”  Never has a man accomplished so much while insisting he’s been railroaded so often. 

The Fisher whine is always defensive, on the brink of tears, and leaves you asking yourself, “Why do I really want to punch this guy in the face?”  I’ve decided I will be adding a Warholesque collection of pouty-face Fisher pop art pics in my man cave.  The only thing more amusing than Crying Jordan is Crying Fisher.

C’mon SEC East.  Time to join the fun being had by your brethren in the West.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

This could turn out to be the College Football soap opera, Jimbo vs Nick. Im sure both have broken a few NCAA rules along the way.

The thing about Saban is he sees himself as the Warren Buffett of head coaches; a guy who thinks everyone else should simply defer to his superior understanding, and accept him as the de facto caretaker of college football.

I’m surprised he hasn’t yet appealed to congress to legislate his wisdom into law.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nick always has a plan.  Since this was a booster event I think the message was targeted at the boosters.  Simply "if we want to stay on top we have to complete with the likes of A&M when it comes to NIL, so get ready to pony up!"   Saban never accused A&M of doing anything illegal, in a way it was a compliment to A&M.  You (A&M) got out in front on NIL and used it to buy, (I mean recruit 🙂 ) the best class ever.  

Jimbo's overreaction just made me think wonder maybe there is something to this.  Thought it was pretty pathetic actually.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1