Charles Fischer

Here is MY List: Where Do You Find YOUR Oregon Sports News?

My FishDuck Friends,

There are three things I would love to see in this forum; 1) where it is a safe place to post, 2) some humor and fun, and 3) the Oregon Sports News of the day.

We have ten moderators among us that hide the nonsense from the Trolls immediately, (Hug a Moderator!) and we have a few members who are exceptional at generating some laughs. (Don't forget the Cat Gifs!)

But when it comes to Oregon Sports News...I don't need every article out there posted in the OBD forum, but I would love to see the most important daily news about Our Beloved Ducks posted here, and anything beyond that is gravy for us all.

Can you help us post articles? If everybody helps a little--it all works. How do you post an article?  It truly takes less than a minute, and the directions are right here, and I invite you to join the fun!

Below are 31 sites, and I'd love to know if you have other sites you turn to for Oregon Sports News? Let me know in the replies...

For Oregon Articles:

Oregon SportSpyder

I would start here, as most breaking news will show up here quickly on a free site.

Oregon Football Bleacherreport
Not as good as they used to be, but some interesting ones on occasion.

Yardbarker-Oregon

A good listing of Oregon articles...

247 Sports Duck Territory

(The free articles-several per day) 

OregonLive Ducks

They have a free article or two a day…

SI.Ducks Digest

New, and some great articles…

Ducks Wire-USA Today

This is the new USA Today Oregon franchise…

John Canzano

John will stir-the-pot, but he also has some great "takes" on Oregon football.

GoDucks.com

The official Oregon Sports site--go into the sport you’re researching and go to “News,” and they have some great articles.

Addicted to Quack

Check for one-off articles from elsewhere such Sports Illustrated, ESPN, etc.

Duck Sports Authority (Rivals)

There are free articles on occasion. Check message boards for one-off articles from elsewhere such Sports Illustrated, ESPN, etc., and the Drop-Down Menu for football is free and is where I get recruiting searches, recent commitments, etc.

Oregon Daily Emerald-Sports

They have some superb interviews at times…

Go right here for a Google News search of College Football. (Articles about Oregon are in there on occasion)

Pac-12:   (We look for Oregon articles and those about the conference where it affects the team, standings, etc. where our readers might find it interesting.)

Mercury News Pac-12-Hotline
We may have to figure out a subscription and have someone write up what Wilner has to say…

Official Pac-12 Network

Saturday Out West

BCSNN Pac-12

Sportspac12 Newsfeed

WestCoastCFB

National sites:

FoxSports College Football

ESPN College Football

SI.com College Football

CBS Sports College Football

Yahoo Sports College Football

CFN College Football News.com

USA TODAY College Football

CFB Saturdays

FootballScoop

Larry Brown Sports

ESPN Mens College Basketball

ESPN Womens College Basketball

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I just Google Oregon Ducks football and it brings up all the sites you listed based on something to do with the Ducks at different times based on the newness of the topic. No comment section tho.

• Haha 1

I go here quite often. Especially during coaching searches.

football_scoop_site_logo_large.svg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Since 1999, the premier source for coaching job information.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, DUCati855 said:

I go here quite often. Especially during coaching searches.

football_scoop_site_logo_large.svg
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Since 1999, the premier source for coaching job information.

I just added it and THANKS.  That's a good one!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Youtube is great in my Log truck. Prehm, Jared Mack and Eric Skopil has Autzen Audibles. And Max Torres his Ducks Dish podcast. Lot of great Duck talk

You can follow them here:

https://youtube.com/c/OregonFootballMaxTorres

• Thanks 1

I've been going to https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/ (Reddit's college football site) for the past 12 years or so. At 42, I'm probably 10 years older than most contributors. The site says 1.5M people subscribe. I just checked, and it says 1,900 people are lurking there at this moment. 

Anyway, it's actually an amazing place. I'd say 95% of people there are college-educated football fans of sound mind. Also, the past 10 years or so I've noticed there are basically zero Husky fans. Anytime there are threads about serious discussions regarding respecting other football programs- the Ducks always get mentioned. Never the Huskies.

4c3th0.gif

• Great post! 1

I just come here, Oregonian, Register Guard, ESPN and CBS Sports....looks like you have those covered.

You Tube - sports chat 503--all about the Ducks-mostly football. Great interviews from time to time.

Thank you so much Charles for presenting these sites and making it so easy for us!  This forum is top notch/class act and so are you Charles!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1