Flyin Vee

Not Really a Thread Starter, but WOW!

More of a thread jacker (so I’ve been called). I have struggled with finding an appropriate place to drop this in but it’s football, football, football around here. Not complaining but.....

E3A59347-86C7-4A11-BD38-FC4328AF0B08.jpeg

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The heat is gonna be turned up in July! Hopefully Oregon shows the world why Eugene is Track Town USA!

• Thumbs Up 2

A picture is worth a thousand words, but you have to see it in person to believe it. Hayward field is, possibly, the nicest venue for a sporting event bar none. Every element inside, underneath, and outside, even the warm up areas are world class.

Back to football, I believe the football team will benefit with recruiting speed guys in the future with a short visit to Hayward. I love the nostalgia of the old Hayward, but it is hard to find a flaw in what was produced in replacement.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Flyin Vee… I do understand, because there’s only about four of us that have any interest in baseball around here as well!

Oh well, but you can post about Track and I will post about Baseball, and whoever wants to read them…certainly may do so.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Yes, please continue to post baseball, track, etc.  I might not make a comment, but do read.  I agree, Hayward Field is world class facilities.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

On 5/20/2022 at 9:14 AM, NJDuck said:

Yes, please continue to post baseball, track, etc.  I might not make a comment, but do read.  I agree, Hayward Field is world class facilities.

Me, too.....I'm a lurker on these threads since I struggle to comment knowledgeably.  Unlike my football comments which routinely display maximum allowable academic prowess

• Haha 5

The Prefontaine Classic is about a week away. It is part of the World Athletics Tour and participants needs to be ranked in the top 50 in the world to compete.

Great way to see world class track and field. 

Always enjoyed sitting in Hayward’s old bleachers on a warm spring day track meet. Fans would stomp out a cadence and cheer loudly as our elite distance runners were doing battle on the track. 

Good fans, great memories. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, Drake said:

The Prefontaine Classic is about a week away. It is part of the World Athletics Tour and participants needs to be ranked in the top 50 in the world to compete.

Great way to see world class track and field. 

Always enjoyed sitting in Hayward’s old bleachers on a warm spring day track meet. Fans would stomp out a cadence and cheer loudly as our elite distance runners were doing battle on the track. 

Good fans, great memories. 

Great point, the noise created by those wooden bleachers will never be recreated, sadly! Pretty sure that noise helped drop times and increase output measurably.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, Flyin Vee said:

More of a thread jacker (so I’ve been called). I have struggled with finding an appropriate place to drop this in but it’s football, football, football around here. Not complaining but.....

E3A59347-86C7-4A11-BD38-FC4328AF0B08.jpeg

Thanks for posting Flyin Vee!  Gorgeous venue that can only help bring the strongest and fastest to Oregon!

I, like many on here come for all things Ducks! FB, CC, A&T, MBB, WBB, M&W T&F, BB, SB, even Golf!

Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1

Daughter attends the U of O right now.  Went and visited her last year got to see Hayward, at least the track, field event area, and the stadium.   Absolutely phenomenal!  I hope Lanning and co. are really pushing that as that facility is just beyond belief.   The US Outdoor Track & Field Championships are the 23rd - 26th of June.  That is a big recruiting weekend hope Coaches are thinking of taking the recruits over to check it out.   Great tool for our speed guys! 

I went to last years Pre classic and will say the Friday venue was pretty amazing with the lighting technology at the stadium.  Especially cool are the world, American and meet(?) record pacing lights, different colors for each, along the inside border of the track for each of the distance events.  The star athletes are featured on Saturday but Friday evening is a treat just to see the beauty of the stadium under the lights.

• Like 2

At Oregon, track & field is not a sport - it’s an institution.

• Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 1