Charles Fischer

Canzano: Payton Pritchard is Doing What He's Always Done--Winning

I love reading about him!

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Celtics guard shines in playoffs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

PP has become an integral piece off the bench for the Celtics. Makes plays away from the ball and sets up his teammates. That stolen offensive rebound with the laser dish to Smart in the corner for the follow up trey was a hustling thing of beauty. His defense alters shots of bigger players. Fearless on the three point line and beyond. If Boston plays the rest of the way thru the Eastern semis like they did last night, we'll get to see Prichard match up with Curry in the Finals. Not bad for a second year in the NBA.

On 5/20/2022 at 1:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I love reading about him!

Glad you posted this! 

Last night I was thinking of updating the troops on Payton's contributions during the game.  

Gone are the days of blowing a whistle for carrying and palming the ball, but those infractions wouldn't have affected PP anyway.  There is mention of Payton's bloodied practice hands, but no mention as to the size of those mitts.  That young man has some massive meat hooks that permit to control the rock the way he does.

It was fun to watch him develop at Oregon, and it's a joy to watch him succeed in the NBA.  

• Thumbs Up 3

The 2 games vs the Heat in the EC semis, PP has the best +/- at +38 for the Celtics.  Brown is +31, but with only 1 game played.

I wish he would go full Old School and adopt John Stockton's short shorts.

B05mcfoCIAAgMwg.jpg-large.jpeg

• Let’s hope! 1

I worked a contract in Michigan in the early 80s. I was fortunate to be able to attend pistons games. Isiah Thomas had the ability to go to the rim and make the tallest look the fool. Truly astounding how he could go into a swarm of defense and and get not only a shot up but the one he wanted. Watching Payton play the similarities, tough, relentless attack and love of the game shines. 

• Thumbs Up 1