Log Haulin

Paying Recruits an SEC Tradition

Read this article also. Wow maybe that's why we haven't been as successful as other conferences.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean we saw first hand how the Willie Lyles incident at Oregonay have only been seen as a "slap on the worst" but a reduction in offical visits really did hurt Oregon's recruiting in th Helfrich years. 

Even now with some of the best recruiters in the country say that they need to get kids in campus to stand a chance. 

Then we have the USC Reggie Bush sanctions that demolished their program. Between the sanctions and Carol leaving USC that really was the kiss of death to the program. USC hasn't recovered from that blow...

• Applause 1

This should come as no suprise to anyone. Wish a handful of former SEC players (recruits) would validate this article. Especially a certain Auburn QB who helped the Tigers win a Natty.

I have done my fair share of complaining about the P-12 teams lack of on field results over the years. If in fact the P-12 did not offer recruits money (no matter the reason) then i applaud them.....

The toothless NCAA will never investigate any wrong doing by the SEC. But i for one would like to see some humble pie served on the SEC members.

At least with NIL money the P-12 may be able to compete for recruits on a more level field.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, David Marsh said:

I mean we saw first hand how the Willie Lyles incident at Oregonay have only been seen as a "slap on the worst" but a reduction in offical visits really did hurt Oregon's recruiting in th Helfrich years. 

Even now with some of the best recruiters in the country say that they need to get kids in campus to stand a chance. 

Then we have the USC Reggie Bush sanctions that demolished their program. Between the sanctions and Carol leaving USC that really was the kiss of death to the program. USC hasn't recovered from that blow...

Well Dave cheating should always be frowned on. I'm happy this happened to SC as they were way to arrogant and especially as they cheated. Old Oregon staff lets be honest weren't ready for this wave of recruiting coming their way. I mean talk about coddled. payed a ridiculous price and this is before they've ever stepped onto an NFL field or let alone played a down at the next level. Its crazy and now I believe we will top every other class Mario brought in.