Vandownbytheriverduck

WR Jump Ball Anyone?

Love the Caleb Chapman pickup. 

With the addition if Caleb Chapman, what’s the average height of WR and TE? 

The ability to put multiple players of with height  of 6’3”,4”,and 5”and more on the field might well be deadly in the red zone. 

Another Diamond in the rough for depth. WR room looking sick. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Coming back from ACL tear.  Before injury he was the primary focus of their passing.

10707474.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Oregon is adding another wide receiver through the transfer portal, as former Texas A&M WR Caleb Chapman confirmed to 247 Sports' Brian Perroni about his intent to

And with the jump ball on the other side of the field we no longer are at a large disadvantage anymore either. Our safeties are up to 6' 4" and our DB's are no longer at an extreme disadvantage, hovering around 6' or more too. We are getting ready to compete with the big boys!

• Thumbs Up 2

It’s interesting to watch how coaches are starting to develop portal strategies that try to enhance rather than detract from a position group. Bringing in another vet like Chapman hopefully works in the same way  that Cota has to not only challenge the younger receivers, but offer them the advantage of his experience.

You’re going to lose a certain percentage to the portal as the result of these moves, but then that could be all for the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:18 AM, Haywarduck said:

And with the jump ball on the other side of the field we no longer are at a large disadvantage anymore either. Our safeties are up to 6' 4" and our DB's are no longer at an extreme disadvantage, hovering around 6' or more too. We are getting ready to compete with the big boys!

So true. The Jimmys and Joes are looking better daily. Addison and Trikweze have real length. But I’m still impressed by the talent and bodies on offense. 

It’s impressive looking at today’s Duck WRs height measurements compared to last year and previous Duck teams. 

When you add in the dynamic threat of the speedy shifty seven and kris, the WR room looks to be a huge strength  

TE room has real height as well 

Is There is a distinct possibility of Oregon lining up 5 players over 6’4” in the red zone? I sure hope so. Few teams can match up with that. 

In my 36 years of Duck football I’ve never seen anything close to the measurables possessed by this squad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:56 AM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

So true. The Jimmys and Joes are looking better daily. Addison and Trikweze have real length. But I’m still impressed by the talent and bodies on offense. 

It’s impressive looking at today’s Duck WRs height measurements compared to last year and previous Duck teams. 

When you add in the dynamic threat of the speedy shifty seven and kris, the WR room looks to be a huge strength  

TE room has real height as well 

Is There is a distinct possibility of Oregon lining up 5 players over 6’4” in the red zone? I sure hope so. Few teams can match up with that. 

In my 36 years of Duck football I’ve never seen anything close to the measurables possessed by this squad. 

We just need somebody who can get them the ball, with a scheme that works, and the other receivers who can and will block. Not too hard of an ask, but a lot of moving parts. I suppose it also takes a lot of the unmeasurables which we will be able to better quantify once the games begin!

Man, that WR room is getting a little crowded for next year.

Maybe the DB room could use some love or at least some warm bodies? 

Not sure of the strategy here, but only Cota DOESN'T have multiple years left.