30Duck

Is it Really a Question? Who do You Want the Ducks to Beat More, the Huskies or the Beavers?

Losing to either hurts a lot, but a win over the Huskies is the top. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For me it's not even close, Fuskies 1000%. Every now and then your little brother gets one over on you, and while it sucks, it does happen. Don't EVER let your enemy get one over on you!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

To me, this comes under the "bad-or-bad" category.  I feel bad when we lose to either....when it is to the Huskies--it is rage and disgust.  When it is to the Beavers it is--shame.

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, Charles Fischer said:

To me, this comes under the "bad-or-bad" category.  I feel bad when we lose to either....when it is to the Huskies--it is rage and disgust.  When it is to the Beavers it is--shame.

giphy.gif

That nails it for me…lol

Just thinking about the question makes my head hurt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Come on, no-brainer as a Duck fan NOTHING is worse than losing to the Fuskies!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Both because we need to be better than both and both are heated rivals. Losing to either one would put us out of any playoff picture.

Guest Axel

I would rather spend a year on Neptune than lose to those depraved wretches from Seattle.

My gut tells me nothing’s better than pulverizing the bow wow down clowns, until I think about an entire off-season of putting up with all those trash heap pick-ups and rusted-out Plymouth mini vans flying orange rodent rags belching their way up and down 6th, 7th and Franklin on expired tags and badly in need of a DUI.   It’s a push.

• Haha 2

Luckily, we rarely have to choose.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We have to beat both or it is a lousy year.

Stop it

Just stop it

Huck the Fuskies 

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

I haven't hated the Beavers since the basketball battles in the 70's. Back in Pleasant Hill we were heavy Ducks, but there were a couple of Beavs, and yes, one of them made his orthodontist a lot of money. I hated the Beavs then!

But now, the Beavs are an annoying noise, and beating them silences it. The Huskies are also a Noise. But they are Rock Band that had some hits, 50 years ago! They think they still sound good, (how good they ever sounded is debatable). They keep bringing in new "talent" but can't hit the notes anymore. So, there is no doubt that beating the Huskies is more important, and not just for us, but the world really.

C’mon guys, there is really no choice here.

Little brother at least has OREGON in its name.  Black and orange is probably the most common Oregon high school colors, and it is pretty popular on Halloween.

Prostitute purple, hooker gold, sniveling butt-lickers and whining curs have absolutely no redeeming qualities.  

A dog stomping is imminently more satisfying than beating up the kid brother.

• Applause 2

I get a kick out of this forum and learn a lot about the Ducks in so doing. Sounds to me like Duck fans' attitude about OSU match almost exactly that of Georgia Dawg fans about Georgia Tech, once UGA's biggest rival. Now  they are the "little  brothers". Florida is the equivalent for Georgia fans of what the Seattle Dawgs are for you guys.

Interestingly, I did not know this  before perusing this forum. I would probably have guessed that your most hated rival was USC just given USC's historic dominance of the conference.

I gotta plan! Let's never lose another game ever. Problem solved. This calls for a cocktail........

On 5/23/2022 at 10:28 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I get a kick out of this forum and learn a lot about the Ducks in so doing.

And we love great fans like you that make it all fun.  Most outside of the Northwest do not know of the rivalry, and when I tell them it is like Michigan-Ohio State, or Texas-Oklahoma....I get disbelieving eyes!

Who else would write an article with this title?  

8061645471_9c13f05a98_c-e1413569950127-3
FISHDUCK.COM

An Oregon fan discusses his irrational hatred of the huskies and invites readers to tell their stories.

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/23/2022 at 10:28 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Interestingly, I did not know this  before perusing this forum. I would probably have guessed that your most hated rival was USC just given USC's historic dominance of the conference.

Great observation ND. I think the traditional lack of emotion regarding the Troylets has a lot to do with their unique status as having been the only west coast national power for so long, and the legendary quality (1920’s-30’s Knute Rockne-Howard Jones rivalry, Heisman trophies, etc) of that tradition. It’s hard to hate an institution.

Add to that the Meh factor of how  - like fellow private school Stanford - they’ve never viewed themselves as properly part of any west coast, public tradition, but rather above that fray, with more in common with the likes of Notre Dame or Ivy League universities. 

Failure on the gridiron has greatly deflated that hot air balloon, and we’re beginning to see a true rivalry emerging - whether they like it or not.

Out of curiosity, you’ve read some of our more colorful descriptions of our hated rival to the north. How do Georgia fans refer to Gators?

It was hard to hate SC back in the day, as their greatest coaches were Ducks!

As far as wanting to beat a team, that has to be Utah this season.

As far as hating to lose too, that would be the dawgs, then the beavs.

I will also say I am starting to dislike the games against the cardinal. We are 2-4 most recently and have an overall losing record. I don't hate the school, but don't like losing to the smart guys either.

• Mic drop 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, Haywarduck said:

I will also say I am starting to dislike the games against the cardinal. We are 2-4 most recently and have an overall losing record. I don't hate the school, but don't like losing to the smart guys either.

I'm with you one that one too.

But it's pretty hard beating a conference rival AND the officials every year. 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, Haywarduck said:

Great point. Since the Chip years Stanford has definitely been the Ducks' arch nemesis but I and apparently, we Duck fans don't have the hatred towards them that we do for the Huskies. A reason for this I think is that despite how many times each team wrecked the other's seasons, it didn't generate a lot of talk. In this case, while there was fire, there wasn't any smoke. 

On 5/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

Well said!

To me it's the butt sniffers. I remember how arrogant their fans and team were.

I never felt State was like that. Besides they are still Oregonians and we beat them most of the time. Can't win them all.

Let's see; Georgia fans' colorful representations of the gators. There are many others that are especially profane/obscene. One thread on the Dawgnation site has a  whole thread entitled Florida Hate Zone. It currently  currently has 2,900 posts and counting. 

But  many Georgia people simply refer to Florida as the "lousy, stinking Gators" and/ or proudly label themselves as a G8R H8R, letting it go at that. 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:04 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Great observation ND. I think the traditional lack of emotion regarding the Troylets has a lot to do with their unique status as having been the only west coast national power for so long, and the legendary quality (1920’s-30’s Knute Rockne-Howard Jones rivalry, Heisman trophies, etc) of that tradition. It’s hard to hate an institution.

Add to that the Meh factor of how  - like fellow private school Stanford - they’ve never viewed themselves as properly part of any west coast, public tradition, but rather above that fray, with more in common with the likes of Notre Dame or Ivy League universities. 

Failure on the gridiron has greatly deflated that hot air balloon, and we’re beginning to see a true rivalry emerging - whether they like it or not.

Out of curiosity, you’ve read some of our more colorful descriptions of our hated rival to the north. How do Georgia fans refer to Gators?

one rival. 

Perpil pooch mutts must go down.  Every year.

Oh I have two nieces who are (have ? God, don't go there) filthy Beavers, so it's a given 😊

Baseball: Final score: OSU 13, UW 8.

Something satisfying about seeing any team from the Great State of Oregon putting a beat down on the dastardly dogs from the north…