FamilyofDucks

Quote From Our New Commit--Exciting

May be an image of 1 person, playing a sport and text that says '8 6 Cozart had been in contact with other blue-chippers about joining the Ducks as well. "I talk to Cole Martin, Kyler Kasper, and Jaden Rashada a ton and then all my four and five star guys in Washington too like Caleb Presley, Andre Jordan, and Rashawn Clark so its not just gonna be me its gonna be a whole empire behind me when go up there."'

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does that mean Jaden Rashada is joining the Ducks? This would be an awesome class pulling together. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Leadership from recruits early, great sign! Lanning and his team of coaches are doing great work, but recruits having their backs is the special sauce!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/24/2022 at 9:31 PM, FamilyofDucks said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing a sport and text that says '8 6 Cozart had been in contact with other blue-chippers about joining the Ducks as well. "I talk to Cole Martin, Kyler Kasper, and Jaden Rashada a ton and then all my four and five star guys in Washington too like Caleb Presley, Andre Jordan, and Rashawn Clark so its not just gonna be me its gonna be a whole empire behind me when go up there."'

Like the sound of that! I really do believe Lanning is the real deal and his super staff will bring in Oregon's best class ever so each coach has actually made it better. Taggart, Mario, and now Lanning a guy who from what we hear out of his mouth and see by his actions, this dude gets it. He's in tune with how Football works in this crazy time. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chip got us on the national map with that Offense, MM won the Heisman, Herbs, Sewell, KT all just went top 10 in first round.

We also got kids like Graham, Holland, Lennior along with the 2019 OL Hansen/Thockmorton guys into the NFL.. Plus there are lots of Ducks in the NFL, hollins, deforest, Mondo, Amstead, Amadi, Alonso

Kids see we got 5 star and elite top 100 players here in Noah, Flowe, Manning, Funa, DJ, Ty, Thorton, Franklin, Bram Walden, Connerly.

Then we have plenty of top 247 guys, Cardwell, Dollars, Jordan James, Seven, Brevard, Hutson, Degado, Crocker, Jones, Jarmillo, Fergi-Motavo TE's, Luli, JPJ, Avantre Dickerson, Addison, Stephans, Adrain Jackson Keith Brown, Florence, Tucker, Devon Jackson, kasper. Sala and TJ Bass were top self JUCO guys. 

2023 Kids are also seeing we have the Hottest Young Coach, young staff. Sean McVey proved the young football minds are on point and worth the risk to hire. 

The 2023 class can see the foundation laid, look at the group of kids they can come in with as a class ..........   They see something that can be elite..

We can recruit kids like Jayden Wayne to be the next KT wearing #5

Connerly to be the next P. Sewell

Some top LB to be the next Noah at LB wearing #1

Tua was dying to be a Duck and follow MM but Helf let that slip through his fingers too. 

I think Lanning is going to use every pillar of Duck football to benefit with recruits. Be that the facilities, team depth, staff, recent 1st run of 1st round picks to the fact the Ducks have put plenty if guys into the NFL.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

I've seen these kind of posts before from recruits saying the same thing then have nothing of the sorts occur. Hopefully but just saying.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:12 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Tua was dying to be a Duck and follow MM but Helf let that slip through his fingers too. 

No, I will politely disagree as that is not what I remember.

Tua was not making grades his sophomore year in high school, and Helfrich could not take a chance on someone who may end up in JC.  Helf stated he would offer when the grades got better; when the grades were better in six months...Tua gave us the finger.

Helfrich made a ton of mistakes, but not this one. Considering all the Oregon QBs who were highly rated and bombed...he could not have another.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/25/2022 at 4:45 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I've seen these kind of posts before from recruits saying the same thing then have nothing of the sorts occur. Hopefully but just saying.

Excitement is contagious. If a top recruit is excited about his opportunity then it is helpful to have him out there talking Up the Duck program.

In the end, maybe none of the guys he chats with commit to Oregon, but they all will remember having that conversation. What’s good about that is those guys may know someone else that might fit a need for the program.

Never hurts. 

While the "portal" is in our face every day, it seems that we forget, or at least I do, an important point. Even if the athletes that this young man is talking to doesn't sign here, they will remember the love if/when they hit the portal in the future. So, it's not "no", it's just "not yet". 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Tua was not making grades his sophomore year in high school, and Helfrich could not take a chance on someone who may end up in JC.  Helf stated he would offer when the grades got better; when the grades were better in six months...Tua gave us the finger.

Helfrich made a ton of mistakes, but not this one. Considering all the Oregon QBs who were highly rated and bombed...he could not have another.

Somehow Helfrich screwed this one up. Alabama was able to court him through the grade issue, but Helfrich didn't have the finesse with recruits. We ended up with no qb's that recruiting cycle. 

That was something which was consistent, and I will agree to disagree on that one.

The next year he pursued Shough instead of Purdy, another mistake. Recruiting was another weakness of Helfrich. He couldn't recruit or manage the athletes well enough. Great coach, but sadly didn't have enough of the components needed to sustain a program.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We can disagree, but we can still discuss it also, right?

Who are the highly rated QB's that you're referring to that bombed here while Helf was here as OC-HC? 

Bennet the barely top 250 kid? He would have had a great career here if it wasn't for MM.

Rodrigues and Mahalak were two barely top 250ish kids who left the program because of MM.

Jonsen was the only highly rated one in my book as a high 4 star who came in the year before, high 3-star Wilson and Herbs. 

Herbs jumped them both in fall camp as true frosh. 

I don't see the bombed when those kids had to compete against two QB's who were 1st rounders, and I only consider Jonsen highly rated, actually turns out he was overrated. 

Tua was a 5-star kid that you have to offer, you push/support him to get his grades up. You gotta Nut Up and make that offer and not be afraid to have egg on your face if the kid ends up at a JUCO. Worried about having egg on your face is just the kind of soft guy Helf was, this is football and you gotta have some Alpha in you. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

Current commits working to get other guys in is no guarantee but it can really help sometimes.

It wouldn't be the first time some good friends have gotten together and said, "Let's go to XU and win some championships together."

Whether he has that kind of pull with other players or not, the positivity around the program is great to have.

On 5/26/2022 at 9:25 AM, Haywarduck said:

Somehow Helfrich screwed this one up. Alabama was able to court him through the grade issue, but Helfrich didn't have the finesse with recruits. We ended up with no qb's that recruiting cycle. 

That was something which was consistent, and I will agree to disagree on that one.

The next year he pursued Shough instead of Purdy, another mistake. Recruiting was another weakness of Helfrich. He couldn't recruit or manage the athletes well enough. Great coach, but sadly didn't have enough of the components needed to sustain a program.

Helf was a great OC, heck I'd have him back as an OC here. 

But Helf is super soft in comparison to K Whitt, and you can't have a soft HC.

On 5/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Helf was a great OC, heck I'd have him back as an OC here. 

You have no disagreement from me about him being a good OC, but terrible HC.  

FP-6-300x300-cropped.png?p=125550
FISHDUCK.COM

Charles Fischer of FishDuck.com provides another set of examples showing how Oregon's defense is poorly coached, and will result in the firing of Mark Helfrich.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Helf may have let Tua slip thru the fingers, but consider if he had come here. There isn't a snowball's chance he would have led the 2017 Ducks to a NC and I don't think he would have been an improvement over JH given the system MC installed. Instead either Tua or Herbie would have ridden the pine. So who would Oregon fans have been happier with in the long run? And which quarterback are we proud following in the NFL as the hometown boy?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4