Charles Fischer

NOT Green and Yellow, but COOL to You?

I want our traditional colors, but have to admit that this looks pretty cool.  Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

It looks pretty good. And even though there's no "traditional" duck colors, I still think that any color found on a Duck should/could be used. 

*Edit* .... Except for the gawd awful orange feet 😁

GettyImages-1280555046.jpg.faa3c1b70d27794c04ae46c5431f95d1.jpg

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like it... But I like it only once a season.

• Applause 1

Love most of the different uniform options and colors we have used over the years.  Definitely NOT a traditionalist.   That one is really cool looking.  Kids today are less wedded to the traditional colors more into what looks the best.  Can we please retire the pink uniforms,  good cause but gawd that was ugly!

I like it.... and I bet the recruits like it too!

I like the combination.

Some uniforms are more appealing to me than others. I have never been one that needs to see green and yellow every game day. I know which team on the field or court is the Ducks ; )

However, after some losses while wearing non-typical colors, I would like to unceremoniously burn a few combos. 

image.thumb.png.09ed35f4fa31656224b339101705a5e0.png

This uniform never needs to see the light of day again. Can anyone name the team that beat us that day, and significance of the game?

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 2

I would give the answer, but then I would have to turn and spit..

The Point3.jpeg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

There is green outlining the number!

looks sweet. 

these are fan created, though, I think. 

Edited by Nautique Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Responding to orange feet.

Unfortunately, another loss at Autzen. 

Same year as the “Cal uniform”. 

Btw…The blue uniform day was also Justin Herbert’s first start his freshman year, and broke our 12 game win streak over the pups. Hope we go at least 20 in a row on our current win streak. 

Edited by Drake

I like them fine, though not so much the shoulder wing pattern.  But, hey, if the top recruits like them then I’m ok with them too.

Guest Axel

The date of those blue throw-up, er throwback, uniforms was October 8, 2016. 

The score of the game was 70-21. Like the Alamo, the USS Maine, and the 1948 Rose Bowl vote, we won't forget. 

Payback needs to be made. At some point, the Ducks must put up 80 or more points against those wretched reprobates from Washington. One hundred points against the Huskies should be the goal. That might be unrealistic; I'll settle for 90.

Guest Axel

Regarding those blue throwback uniforms and webfoots, Nina Mandell wrote the following in an article dated October 3, 2016:

"According to Oregon’s website, the term ‘webfoots’ didn’t actually have anything to do with ducks. Instead, it was used to describe people in Massachusetts who lived in wet conditions in the 1700s and later migrated to the West, where it became 'a pejorative descriptor of the locals of the waterlogged Willamette Valley and had grown in popular usage by the 1860s.'

"It was also used to describe Oregon football players in a newspaper article in 1894. A debate over the school’s mascot, according to the website, broke out in the 1920s and after years of back-and-forth, the Webfoot became the official mascot in 1932, which later evolved into a duck."

According to Mandell, the Ducks wore blue and yellow uniforms until 1925.

I remember learning this for my 2008 book Tales From the Oregon Ducks Sideline. Really webfoots is kind of a term like tar heels. I actually wouldn't have minded if it had remained the team name, although there's something about "foots" that feels wrong, and yet "webfeet" would sound no better.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, Axel said:

One hundred points against the Huskies should be the goal. That might be unrealistic; I'll settle for 90.

14 TD's and tackle the QB, maybe a Huard for a safety, 100, and while green and yellow are gold for Oregon, these uniforms, either way, are in the running for the worst.

image.jpeg.8c82d5aea7dbc8a9b869da8c8ccdaccb.jpeg            image.jpeg.f1cc2e75582445bb71d9c4c7a4244ca6.jpeg                   

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the hundredth time, it's cool but get some yellow AND green on there.  Put a yellow O on the hip on each side, a tad more prominent green outlining the numbers or something, yellow facemask...

• Thumbs Up 1

Make the pants white and silver too and put a green stripe on the pants, a good look for an away game.

This one is in the running for the worst as well...

OSU Bra Look_Uni Watch_FP.jpg

Although the Beavers with the "Bra" look was pretty bad....

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I like them all as it means game day.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, Drake said:

I like the combination.

Some uniforms are more appealing to me than others. I have never been one that needs to see green and yellow every game day. I know which team on the field or court is the Ducks ; )

However, after some losses while wearing non-typical colors, I would like to unceremoniously burn a few combos. 

This uniform never needs to see the light of day again. Can anyone name the team that beat us that day, and significance of the game?

I know we lost, but I liked this uni!

On 5/27/2022 at 9:33 AM, cartm25 said:

I DON'T CARE what anyone else says about this. I won't be swayed. I LOVE these uniforms:

image.png.c200012113f39e5ff17ef58d8b307d87.png

Sorry. I have ZERO  love for this one!!

On 5/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, Drake said:

This uniform never needs to see the light of day again.

Or, the lights of a night game!!!!

Every time I see those blue uniforms I think I'm watching the Cal bears.  No thank you!!  And those beaver bra uniforms are just embarrassing!  That's like your mom making you wear something horendous to school when your little that you know everyone is going to make fun of.  

• Applause 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This one is in the running for the worst as well...

OSU Bra Look_Uni Watch_FP.jpg

Although the Beavers with the "Bra" look was pretty bad....

I like that uniform but with a dark green helmet

On 5/27/2022 at 8:40 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I want our traditional colors, but have to admit that this looks pretty cool.  Thoughts?

Reminds me too much of the two Natty losses. The uni looks damn good, but if we aren't going to use green or yellow, let's go with that look in 2016 (or was it 17')  against Nebraska.

Black pants, white jersey, white helmet.

I personally like the look we had in 2019 the best ( which we saw last year as well).  We did lose to Auburn that year with that look, but it was in green and white.

Nice uni for a one off...in the middle of the year.  When we play in front of millions of eyes, I want to see green and/or yellow.

• Applause 1

On 5/27/2022 at 8:40 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I like the look and might ROCK it for the first game in Georgia.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, Drake said:

I like the combination.

Fuskies won 21-70. This was Herbert‘s first start and the game that sealed Helfrich’s fate as “former” head coach.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

I am actually surprised we haven't seen a tie dye uniform, it is Eugene after all. A tie dye uniform would rock college football, wouldn't it? Maybe a tie dye accent, much like the feathers, or armour element. The student athletes get to design the uniforms, what will be next, maybe tie dye?

il_1588xN.1967157872_mim6.jpg.webp

Like it.  Only alteration? A yellow O on the helmet.

• Thumbs Up 1