Charles Fischer

Huffing Huskies: 'Washington is NOT Headed Down!'

My FishDuck Friends, I should be a bit more noble than this, but I really enjoy this stuff. Remember, entertainment comes from many sources in the off-season!  Below is from a major Husky forum...  (Whew!)  The delusions never die!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I see an enthusiastic staff who have always been winners & most importantly the players are buying in too because you can it see in the videos. And recruiting is much more positive than the last 2 years for sure, just read the reports. Also, we are starting the generate more interest with the higher rated recruits."

"But let's not distort the facts about recruiting. The fact is that UW missed out on virtually every blue chip recruit in the 2022 class that was offered. Most will dismiss that class because of the coaching transition-okay. But what is the 2023 class looking like so far? They have 2 commits so far. Neither is a blue chip recruit, and one has only one other Power-5 offer.

That's not the kind of start that would indicate that recruiting is going to be any better in 2023 than 2022. And UW just received a Crystal Ball for another recruit, Devan Bryant. He also isn't considered a blue chip and doesn't have a lot of Power-5 offers. And what hurts more is that a few in-state blue chip recruits do not appear to be even considering UW at the moment.  I'm not willing to state that "recruiting is much more positive" until there are actual examples of that and not just reports."

"Here’s the thing: Nobody has bitched about NIL more than me. Nobody hates it more than me. I am gonna love when our kids that play for the love of the game are wiping the field with a bunch of Prima-Donna Ducks that are more worried about their new Ferrari and their three girlfriends."  

"When you look back at last year we were competitive in every game except two. That team, as poorly coached as they were, easily could have won eight or nine games. Much of that talent is still on the roster and nearly all of it has bought into the new coaches."

91 rushDSC_0461.jpg

"Regarding our 4-8 season last year: As dismal as the record, the offense, and the rush defense were, I think we should consider that 5 of those losses were by a combined 24 points.  Point is, we were a LOT closer to a 9-3 year than folks want to admit."

"Being brutally honest, the talent level is down. Way down. I'm not seeing many NFL guys on the roster unless they take big jumps in development. They're not going to out talent many of the good teams. They'll win by scheme and better coaching."

"I do not have any real doubts at all about the essential quality of DeBoer and his coaching (and analysis) staff. They are top notch COACHES, based on their track records. We upgraded the WR coaching position by 200%! But if DeBoer and his coaches could come within a few plays of taking down UNike in Eugene last season with FSU talent then I really, really like their chances with the talent that is on the UW roster right now."

"We were a 4-8 team last year, with our best players leaving for the draft, a tepid recruiting class and a handful of transfers, and I see 8-4 being passed around quite a bit (including me!) This board has plenty of people with purple shades on."

"If we’re only 8-4 I’ll be disappointed. We should win 9 in the regular season, be in the P12 championship game and win our bowl game. No reason why we can’t win every game in the North."

"Oregon also has new coaches and systems. More importantly, the Ducks HC is an Asst. Coach with no HC experience. The last time the Ducks tried to turn an asst. coach into a HC ( MH) their program imploded. We have also have had our last 2 assistant coaches promoted to HC fail bigtime (Lambo & Lake).  If I was a betting man I’d give you 2 to 1 odds we kick Duck A$$ next season."

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

That is funny stuff right there!

"In every game last year"?

I bet they go 6-6 this year.

Recruiting is where it's at and they can't touch our coaches. "Improved the WR coach 200%"?! Whose kidding who!

The new husky coach is good and he will help win games, but they still need to get good recruits.

That guy giving 2 to 1 odds on beating us? I'll take that bet easy.

Fun Contest: Which statement above is the most crazy or delusional?

Saying that current Husky WR coaching is 200% better than Junior Adams?

Wackos in Washington!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, Charles Fischer said:

We should win 9 in the regular season, be in the P12 championship game and win our bowl game

OMG...that is just both sad and comical at the same time.

Whoever wrote that must have been frozen in 1991 and just thawed out.

BTW...Codi Decambra just committed to Oregon today. Not Washington.

Edited by jrw
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The UW them song should be Glory Days

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Ewe dubs recruiting from the Montlake perspective....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I absolutely love how the Husky fanbase (at least via the quotes provided) still thinks Oregon is going to be as poorly coached as they were in the field last year. 

We have ditched the prevent offense for something that will score loads of points and we will have a brutal hard hitting defense. That in addition to all of our talent that is on that roster. 

Sorry Huskies... You may have upgraded from Jimmy Lake but the Ducks upgraded perhaps even more. 

I do think if Cristobal was still HC at Oregon then some of the Washington comments would sound more true... Instead of just outlandish and hilarious. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/30/2022 at 1:00 PM, Steven A said:

Ewe dubs recruiting from the Montlake perspective....

giphy.gif

Submarine warfare???

DIE! DIVE! DIVE!!!

On 5/30/2022 at 1:25 PM, woundedknees said:

DIVE!!!

CRASH DIVE!!!

What a fun read, and what a remarkable turn-around in how pooch fans see themselves? From a dominant national team to one that , “plays for the love of the game . . .”? Resonates more with Beaver Nation than The James era. Maybe we should start referring to them as ‘little brother’ as well.

Oh, and we might inform him - the three girl friends for each Duck? All Husky cheerleaders.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Point is, we were a LOT closer to a 9-3 year than folks want to admit."

They spent all Spring and Fall practicing to hang 7 points on the Grizzlies last year. Seems to me they were much closer to 3 - 9.

• Mic drop 2

Interesting,  "Washington is NOT Headed Down!"

You're not headed up, which should be the concern.

images-2.jpeg

The "Pick" is legendary because it was against Washington, and they'll never get over it. In the years, decades, centuries of the Ore-Wa rivalry the Huskies are woeful whiners. One time they actually connected with a punch, and it was 50 years ago in, "The Pit"

UW men’s basketball coach Marv Harshman wears Groucho Marx glasses in the locker room after a 1976 victory over the Oregon Ducks. Harshman and five Husky players wore Groucho Marx glasses to mock the Oregon players during pregame warmups. (AP file)

• Applause 1

I actually want the thank Fusky fans for keeping this hammer vs nail “rivalry“ interesting. 

This stuff never gets old...

Mr. FishDuck

I just want to point out that the last time we tried to turn a coordinator into a HC, we went 11-2 and kicked Texas in the mouth, then played for a Natty the next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Purple and Gold.

Looks good on a hooker, not much else. 

Lanning and Co are exactly 0-0 but I’ll take what’s brewing in Eugene over what’s at Scat Lake, anyday. 

That one fan thought they’d be in the title game shows the deep unmitigated level of delusion.

One of the two best teams? Just, wow. 

Typical Fuskie nonsense.

Their negative opinion of Junior Adams stems the from fact that he recruited better players than were on the roster at the time.  Or, I should say maybe that he recruited guys that fit his style of play better.

A couple of the highly rated WR's who subsequently dropped down the depth chart had parents who started griping to one of Dawgman.com site owners who then made it public on the board, IIRC.

When the offense stalled out, some fans started casting aspersions toward Junior and the WR depth chart shuffle as a part of their criticism.  That's why you get a comment like the one listed in this thread today that his omission is an improvement.

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

The purple prowess lunch box team. Perfect.

• Haha 1

It’s hard to tell if the pooches are headed up or headed down when their head is stuck in the toilet.