Tandaian

Ducks Basketball Players Who Played in NBA Finals

Can you guess the other 3?  One should be easy, but the other two not so much.

1398476404.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Payton Pritchard is set to become the fourth former Oregon Ducks player to play in the NBA Finals after the Boston Celtics advanced.

• Thumbs Up 2

The final one listed had a pretty impressive NBA career, and we had a great article about him on FishDuck. The writer, Jim Maloney, passed away in 2021, and I am very grateful to him for all the great articles about Oregon football, Baseball and Basketball.  My thanks, and that of thousands who read your articles Jim!

Bio:

Jim resided in Ellensburg, Washington where he has had the opportunity to watch former Ducks such as NaDerris Ward and Scott Grady play for Central Washington University, Jim’s alma mater. However, Jim was born in Eugene and attended Howard Elementary School, and what then called Colin Kelly Junior High School before moving to Washington. Jim began following the Ducks during the 1957 season and had the opportunity to watch a number of games at Hayward Field. Over the years, Jim has developed a wealth of knowledge about Oregon sports history.

When not editing on Fanbase.com or working in his garden, Jim managed to find time to practice law.

image.png

Mr. FishDuck

This article is missing some players.

1) Chris Boucher won championship (s) with Toronto

Seems like there were others, but maybe they just got to the conference finals?

Terrell Brandon w/ Cleveland 

Freddie Jones w/ Indiana

Good catch Shawnski.  I had forgotten 2018-19 was when he started getting some playing time with Toronto.  He only played in 2 post seasons games for 4 minutes, but he was on the roster.

Cleveland never won a championship until Lebron did it a few seasons ago.

The Pacers made it to the finals in 2000, but lost.

The key to this is in the article "Here is a look at every Oregon alumni who played in an NBA Finals".

In the game statistics, "DNP" = "Did Not Play".

How about Greg Ballard? 
Washington Bullets 1979-80

It is all in the details.  I didn't pay attention.  Chris was on the Toronto team, but didn't play a minute in the finals.

And now we can add officially Payton Pritchard to this list of Oregon Ducks that have played in the NBA Finals after his appearance in Game 1 where he scored 8 points in 16 minutes of play, pulled down 6 rebounds and dished out 2 assists.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1