Tandaian

Six Ideas for Pac-12 Scheduling

I don't have a subscription, so if somebody out there does, maybe they can share the jist of the 6 ideas?

ZSV5S5CDXJD2JIBMB7MDBV4S7A.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The conference needs to strategically rethink its competitive model.

Oregonian? We don't need no stinking Oregonian!

1. 1) Play early
  2. 2) Play late
  3. 3) Play non-conference games in November
  4. 4) Adopt the pod system
  5. 5) Play the day before Labor Day
  6. 6) Play the day before Thanksgiving

The Mercury News(Wilner's home paper) doesn't require a subscription to read the article.

logo.png?w=640
WWW.MERCURYNEWS.COM

With the divisions no longer meaningful and the media rights negotiations upcoming, this is the time for the conference to get...

• Great post! 1

I don't like the 9 am games. it hurts us by putting an onerous burden on our teams that no other conferences have to endure.

Yeah, no 9:00 AM games.  I live in Eugene and I don't want to go to a 9:00 AM game.  College kids won't be there either.  The kids most likely to go to football games will have been drinking until 2-3 AM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's see. The PAC-12 already has night games, sometimes as many as 4 on a  Saturday night. Most fans attending the games (and some of us watching at home) don't like them--I hate them. I will watch Duck games that are on at night, but not any other games.

The day before Thanksgiving at 5 pm? Uh, no. Believe it or not, a lot of people are still preparing for Thanksgiving the day before.

The day before Labor Day? I might watch then, but I like to spend Labor Day weekend at home--not sure those going camping, to the beach, mountains, etc. are looking to watch a football game.

While I would be fine with a 9 am game, since I live in Eugene and am an early bird, I certainly understand why it would not be a good time for most fans attending the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anne I'm talking about the players who have to get up really early I believe around 3am to be prepared. That's 2 much off their normal schedules to promote excellence on the field, last year at tOSU was an outlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

On a personal note, living GA as a duck fan, I hate the 7-8pm start times. It makes me a grumpy Gus the next few days after staying up past 2am to watch OBD.