FamilyofDucks

Phil Knight, Dodgers Owner Make $2 Billion Bid for Trail Blazers

Wojnarowski indicates that Knight being involved reaffirms the intent to keep the Trail Blazers in Portland.

Just Do It, Jody!

On 6/2/2022 at 12:55 PM, FamilyofDucks said:
1052999900.jpg
WWW.BLAZERSEDGE.COM

A huge figure in Oregon sports and a California entrepreneur offer to buy the NBA franchise.

I just read this on another site and WOW I couldn't be more stoked!

As long as it doesn't affect his support of the Ducks I'm all for it!

Trade for Sabrina, I think they could use her.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This might actually convince me to watch the NBA again after being a huge NBA and Blazers fan in the 70's and 80's

Hopefully they will come up with a thing called DEFENSE.  Defense is used to STOP or at least slow down your opponent from scoring at will.

I always hoped Uncle Phil would someday have a stake in the Blazers!

Portland Trail Blazers ‘not for sale’ though Phil Knight did make offer, team says

I am hoping that is an expected response by the current ownership..or the Blazers become even less interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of conflicting stories here. I thought the trust was supposed to sell the Blazers with the money going to Allen's charities etc.

I hope the Vulcans/ Jody eventually unload the Blazers as they have been terribly managed for years.

Edited by 1Ducker1

I would expect the Vulcan curse of bad decisions to continue based on precedent.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

I support this sale as long as Bert Kolde is named president for life so he can micromanage every move by every single employee--and that the Blazers change their name to Vulcans.

The NBA- “Superstars” costing 40% of a teams salary cap complaining about his “teammates”. Long term guarantied money that reward mediocrity between contract years.  25% of teams “tanking “ the entire season for higher draft picks. Two tiered officiating that favors the “superstars”. All this and a $12 dollar hotdog

the globetrotters vs the Washington nationals is more entertaining.

just my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Phil Knight stepping into the professional sports franchise world, interesting. Can we also dream about an NFL franchise!

I would love to see a team to compete against the Seagals, and the 49ers. I mean what do you do with $50 billion?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2022 at 6:55 AM, Flyin Vee said:

The NBA- “Superstars” costing 40% of a teams salary cap complaining about his “teammates”. Long term guarantied money that reward mediocrity between contract years.  25% of teams “tanking “ the entire season for higher draft picks. Two tiered officiating that favors the “superstars”. All this and a $12 dollar hotdog

the globetrotters vs the Washington nationals is more entertaining.

just my opinion.

My dream would be that he gets the Blazers and immediately trades them to Seattle for the Kraken.

NHL = No Divas