Notalot

Pritchard Solid as Celts Take Game 1

Payton Pritchard contributed to the Celt's Game 1 win, coming off the bench logging 16 minutes, 8 points on 75% 3 of 4 FG shooting, 6 rebounds, with 2 Assists.

Dana needs to only point out the success Payton has had after staying 4 years and developing under his guidance. I hope more student athletes learn from his example.

We have another local kid coming into the program next year. Payton has provided a nice blueprint for how to learn and lead. Nice success story, and hopefully it continues.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Payton Pritchard is the only Duck I am aware of who seems to have outworked Luke Ridnour PRIOR to becoming a Duck.

The stories of him dribbling the West Linn Hills in the offseason and the video of his dribbling routine are legendary.

• Go Ducks! 1

Agree with HD. Payton’s success could help put the ‘student’ back into the student-athlete equation.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:32 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Agree with HD. Payton’s success could help put the ‘student’ back into the student-athlete equation.

Yes 

And it's a win-win for the Ducks.

Athlete stays longer, team goes to the Final Four!

We all win 🏆 

It’s uncanny how Payton seems to always be in the correct place for rebounds. Because of his size he is at a distinct disadvantage but seems to overcome it time after time. 

He definitely goes 100% every second he is on the floor and never gets tired.

Going to be a great player off the bench for a long time.

UO's NBA Seniors: Prichard, Boucher, Duarte

UO one and dones: Brown, King, Bol

UO leave early: Dorsey, Bell and Brooks (after receiving Pac 12 player of the Year)

See a pattern?

• Wow 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

UO leave early: Dorsey, Bell and Brooks (after receiving Pac 12 player of the Year)

See a pattern?

Boy I hope the Oregon Coaches see this....fantastic observation!

Mr. FishDuck

The biggest head scratcher was Kenny Wooten.  That dude was so athletic and a good defender.  If he would have stayed, I wonder if he would have developed a jumper and earned a spot somewhere.  

And speaking of head scratchers, what ever happened to Addison Patterson?  He was playing really well for the Ducks late in the season, and was in line to start or take on a big roll with the team as a sophomore.  Then one practice into is sophomore year, he just pulls the plug and transfers to Nevada, forcing him to sit out for the season.  Then, before he ever suits up for a game, he is gone from Nevada.  Finally, he transfers to Salt Lake City Community College in August 2021; however, he is not on their official roster and there are no stats to be found.  It is like he just disappeared.  I still believe that kid had NBA potential.   

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, GeotechDuck said:

The biggest head scratcher was Kenny Wooten.  That dude was so athletic and a good defender.  If he would have stayed, I wonder if he would have developed a jumper and earned a spot somewhere.

I totally forgot about Wooten which ironically, is the point of my post!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

See a pattern?

Everyone who gets a scholarship a should have to create a bar graph with this data. After completing it they should put their name on the bar they intend to be on. They should then have to interview one player from each group and learn what went into their process and decision, along with the outcome.

Louis King is a classic, top 25 recruit in the nation who didn't realize the work it took to be a draft pick and make an NBA team. Kenny Wooten might be a classic guy who left early after one skill seemed to be enough to make the NBA, it wasn't. 

I definitely realize there is a lot which goes into the decision to go pro in college basketball. Louis King was one of 8 children and has made more money than most college graduates. I would guess he would stick around a bit longer if he though that time would have ensured an NBA contract.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, GeotechDuck said:

And speaking of head scratchers, what ever happened to Addison Patterson?  He was playing really well for the Ducks late in the season, and was in line to start or take on a big roll with the team as a sophomore.  Then one practice into is sophomore year, he just pulls the plug and transfers to Nevada, forcing him to sit out for the season.  Then, before he ever suits up for a game, he is gone from Nevada.  Finally, he transfers to Salt Lake City Community College in August 2021; however, he is not on their official roster and there are no stats to be found.  It is like he just disappeared.  I still believe that kid had NBA potential.   

Exactly the guy I will always wonder about. For him and the program, if he had stayed around we can only wonder what would have developed.