Krsmqn

Best College Football Helmets--Where Would You Put the Ducks?

I do not agree with this list. 

10946192.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Our countdown list reveals which iconic school has the most iconic dome!

🤦🏻‍♂️

not-even-close-bud.thumb.gif.89ed83b6ad309106b688fc06aac66b30.gif

• Great post! 1

How do you rank the difference between traditional and innovation.

In my opinion they should have been 2 lists and tOSU wouldn't be top in either.

While of course we would be 1st in innovation, we started the new looks. I like Texas best in the traditional.

Edited by Duck 1972
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love my Ducks!

everyone  else, 2nd, 3rd or who cares.

Talk about a subjective list!

The winged helmet,  with the O on the back is 2nd to none!!!

In any color!

Go Ducks!!

(Everyone else sucks!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, after taking off my green and gold tinted glasses, I unequivocally state that the Oregon Ducks have the best helmets, and uniforms in college football. Period. Final. End of story. Enough said.

The 🐪 has made his ruling!

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I thought stickers on helmets were a thing of the past! I think any helmet looks better without them.

Love the Duck helmets, they are #1 with me. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I don’t have green and gold tinted glasses - Not even close - and Oregon easily has the best helmets and uniforms. I get “tradition” when it comes to sports, but a bunch of the helmets ranked high are just boring and ugly (Alabama, Penn St.). They get put high on the list because the programs have winning traditions, but the helmets and uniforms are just old, stodgy and boring.   

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2022 at 12:14 AM, Duck 1972 said:

How do you rank the difference between traditional and innovation.

In my opinion they should have been 2 lists and tOSU wouldn't be top in either.

While of course we would be 1st in innovation, we started the new looks. I like Texas best in the traditional.

Exactly... There are two schools of thought on uniforms. The traditional, which are typically just the blue bloods, or the more innovative...

Oregon always tops the lists if the person making the list likes the innovation. 

Oregon usually makes the list but is low on the list if the person values tradition more. 

Maybe some might change their toon a little when Oregon wins a national championship. 

Also... Recruits love Oregon's uniforms so that matters more. 

• Applause 1

Most in the top 10 I dont like at all, especially Michigan.

The moment the article started with "coolest-looking, most iconic" I knew the list was going to be garbage.  Those are two completely different things.  The Model T and VW Beetle are iconic, would you argue those are two of the coolest-looking cars ever?

Most iconic?  Basically it's huge, popular programs that have kept the same design forever:  USC, Bama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc.

Coolest-looking?  That's a completely different list.  Some of the special helmets from the military academies are among the coolest-looking helmets I've seen.  Many of Oregon's designs.  Some of the alternates I've seen from SDSU, Indiana, ASU, and Northwestern.  But a pure white helmet with a navy blue stripe?  A crimson helmet with a white block number?  What in the world makes those cool?

(Then, of course, you have some that just go way overboard, like Oregon's pink helmets or whatever Maryland tried to do with that abysmally ugly state flag.  I got vertigo just glancing at that thing.)

IMHO, the only "iconic" helmets that are cool are Michigan, FSU, and Texas.  The rest are simply boring.

• Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

A helmet should suggest what you think of yourself - what’s going on inside that helmet?  So, if you like surprises, enjoy turning heads and embracing change, you’re going to like ours. If, on the other hand,  you like things to be predictable, conservatively unimaginative and to always remain the same, you’ll like the blue bloods. Tradition is a funny animal.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

Popularity contest. Just like in HS.

Oregon Ducks

Michigan Wolverines

Maryland Terrapins

Miami Hurricanes

Clemson Tigers

The original mallard head helmets from 1999 season started it all. Every evolution after that was “copy cat”

Guest Axel

I really don't like it when bias affects an objective analysis of which college football team has the best helmets.

I've devoted hours of research studying the dozens and dozens of helmets worn by teams all over the U.S. I can say without hesitation or reservation that the following helmets are the top-10 best:

10.  The ones with Mallards on them

9.  Yellow and green helmets with Ringed Teals

8.  Some have Canvasbacks on them--those ones

7.  Red-breasted Mergansers are a classy look

6.  Hooded Mergansers look pretty good, too

5.  I like waterfowl on helmets; they definitely make the list

4.  What's better than a Northern Pintail on a helmet?

3.  Those worn by that really good team in Eugene

2.  Coach Dan Lanning's new team has cool ones

1.  After days and days of meticulous analysis--Oregon Ducks helmets are #1

Guest Axel
On 6/4/2022 at 6:49 PM, ICamel said:

Ok, after taking off my green and gold tinted glasses, I unequivocally state that the Oregon Ducks have the best helmets, and uniforms in college football. Period. Final. End of story. Enough said.

Thank you for being objective and fair. It's so hard these days to find non-biased opinions. 

I do have a "thing" for Oregon helmets...

1 Green.jpg

2 White 2021.jpg

3 Yellow 2021.jpg

4 Black 2019.jpg

5 Green 1999.jpg

6 Silver 2017.jpg

7 Yellow 2015.jpg

8 Green 2014 Playoff.jpg

9 White 2014.jpg

10 Yellow 1998.jpg

11 Black 2011.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

This is a concept helmet I saw on Twitter over the weekend and boy do I LOVE IT!

image.jpeg.81fb5745f1b280abb173df24d2721a60.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1