Notalot

OT: Mike White Flipped The Duck

Former Oregon women's softball coach, Mike White, now the Head Coach at Texas  was ejected from a game last month in the BIG12 conference tournament during a game against Oklahoma State.

White, before leaving the playing field, raised his arm and roundly saluted the fans and officials giving them an obscene gesture (the bird). White was reprimanded by the league office.

The episode was replayed this afternoon by ESPN during its telecast of the Texas versus OK State game as White was coaching Texas.

Edited by Notalot

Good riddance!

He better watch out he could go from flippin the bird to flippin burgers.

• Haha 1

I didn’t see that. Was it kind of like Graves’ dust up with the Arizona coach? Competitiveness will jump up and bite you now and again. With one inning to go vs Oklahoma State it looks like Texas is advancing to the WCWS championship series if they can beat the Okies once more tonight.

Edited by WillieMosconi

I watched a bit of that game, too. Was wondering if any of White's former Duck players who transferred to Texas with him were still on the team. Just as I tuned in, they're focusing on Miranda Elish in the dugout. For my money, she was as good an all-around player as he ever had. Was sad to see her transfer. Anyway, it took me a minute or two to realize she'd transferred again--to Oklahoma State--and was playing AGAINST Mike White's Longhorns.  Ahhhhh, THE PORTAL strikes again!!

White was just saluting the OSU fans with a little Kiwi greeting, "Oi, mates, tell yer Mum I said g'day".

Texas just beat OSU to advance to the finals at the WCWS. Though White got the Ducks close, he never made the finals. Oklahoma is a juggernaut this year so I doubt it will be White's first natty.

• Wow 1