Smith72

Where Ducks Offensive Line Stands Heading Into Summer

Experience counts, but I'm anticipating huge improvement in pass protection under Coach Klemm!

oregon-offensive-line-steven-jones-ryan-
WWW.SI.COM

Oregon's most experienced position group returns five NFL-caliber upperclassmen

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

The only thing I can see is a huge improvement over our last few years. The smoke blown up our butts about MC and his ground and pound idea of what an offensive line should look like was a huge disappointment for all of us.

The Ducks have had many great offensive lines in the past and under the new regime I believe it will be good again.

I’ve been a Pittsburgh fan since grade school and they have had some great offensive lines but last year they were pretty bad. I’m hoping it was a talent problem more than a coaching issue. They did loose some studs however. Hard to replace one of the best centers ever in the NFL.

On 6/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, Just Ducky said:

I’ve been a Pittsburgh fan since grade school and they have had some great offensive lines but last year they were pretty bad. I’m hoping it was a talent problem more than a coaching issue. They did loose some studs however. Hard to replace one of the best centers ever in the NFL.

Same here - first game I ever watched was Super Bowl IX, Steelers over Vikings.  It's been all Black and Gold ever since.

Klemm had one year there as head OL coach, I believe.  He replaced a guy who got fired, and ended up with two rookies starting on the O-line.  Two all-pros retired prior to that season (one unexpectedly due to injury), and the starting tackle was placed on IR early in the season, so the whole line shifted around.  The talent level on the Steelers O-line was lacking and it was patchwork, plus they were trying to protect an aged QB who could no longer move.

I have no qualifications for evaluating the quality of an O-line coach; I'm just hoping the Steelers' offensive line woes were connected to the lack of talent, youth, and significant injuries rather than to the coaching.

My one concern is that he left the Steelers with two games left in the season, which is really strange.  I wonder whether he wanted out that badly or they wanted to be rid of him that badly.

Either way does it matter. Some coaches have trouble coaching pros. Because he even got there says he's a good coach. Now he's back in CFB

• Thumbs Up 1