Tandaian

Big Ten TV Negotiations Will Impact Pac-12 TV Negotiations

“The real risk is the Big Ten slices up content with a lot of partners, which would be smart,” an analyst said. “The Pac-12 wouldn’t be a priority in the time slots.

logo.png?w=640
WWW.MERCURYNEWS.COM

The Pac-12 needs the supply-and-demand scale to tip in its favor.

Why can't we make the Pac 12 channel relevant? We already have a platform. We could partner with the Alliance and tell every other sports stations to go do soccer or  volleyball.

• Thumbs Up 1

We can't make the Pac 12 relevant because less than 50% of Us households have the the channel.  

The lack of subscribers on the Pac 12 can be easily solved, it's the Networks+ESPN+Fox that we need to concerned with.  I'm sure that the new commissioner will solve the Pac 12 issue soon, would not be surprised if they sold a significant portion of the network to Fox, or ESPN

On 6/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, Tandaian said:

We can't make the Pac 12 relevant because less than 50% of Us households have the the channel.  

We need some money bag to get it to all of the homes in the U.S. By making up the difference in what the channel is willing to pay all the different carriers. 

A merger of the B1O with the Pac 12 channels and show all the Alliance games, it'd be huge. I don't know If the ACC has a designated channel or not but if so the more the merrier?

We could then negotiate as a collective with the networks of Fox, NBC and CBS to get even more eyes on the Alliance at optimal time frames.

I don't know if this is even practical. Just some musings.