FishDuck Article

(FishDuck Article) Time To Worry For Oregon Men’s Basketball?

The short answer? No. Not yet… There is no doubt the Ducks are coming off a disappointing loss to the in-state rival Beavers and now have lost two of their last three games.. But at a closer look, both losses could have been easily predicted. First, the loss at Colorado, where the Ducks haven’t won in the Dana Altman era. ...

Read the full article here...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Good information coach. 

"Mr. March", or as most of you know him, Coach Altman seems to come around during the month of March. I would not start worrying about "The Boys" until after the start of that Month. 

giphy.gif

Coach Nordy, you read my mind about concerns for the team and wrote an ideal article that calms me now and gives me a lot to look for as the team progresses.  Great analysis in that piece and items I have not seen written anywhere else, so high kudos to you.  For many of us...we do not pay much attention to the freshmen and perhaps do not give a thought to their role; now I will be watching them after this article.  THANKS.

Perhaps with this new "break," it will give Richardson time to finish healing and start practicing...

Ducks-in-game-huddle.png

Mr. FishDuck

Wow, that was very detailed, thanks.

I know it's just a sign of the times, but I miss the days when most players came in as freshmen and you could watch them develop over four years.

Now I just get confused by all the new names each season.

Maybe old age!

Losing Dante was a huge blow to this team for the exact reasons mentioned in the article. Hopefully Kepnang can get the minutes he needs to get up to speed and fill the same role. We also need Lawson to step up and play as big as he can.

The Beavers game wasn't really anything to be concerned about as we were missing arguably our two best players and hadn't run in over a week and probably even longer.

I agree that, with a starting lineup of Richardson, Duarte, Kepnang or Lawson, Omoruyi and Williams Jr. and time/games for them to develop chemistry, we should be looking pretty good by the time the Pac12 tournament roles around. With Figueroa, Terry and lesser so Hardy coming off the bench to provide a spark.

Between now and then I do believe we will see several more losses so we may require winning the tournament to get into the big dance this year.

When they get back together they will not be starting from scratch. That is a good thing.

The more games they play, the better they will be. That is why any breaks are a concern. 

Worry?? Never. Worrying robs one of too much energy.

28 minutes ago, FishIceCream said:

Now I just get confused by all the new names each season.

Maybe old age!

Nope, just a sign of the times. 

giphy.gif