Log Haulin

Ducks O-Line Nation's Best?

phil-steele-projects-oregons-offensive-l
WWW.ON3.COM

The expectations are sky-high for Oregon's veteran-heavy offensive line in 2022, which is being tabbed as one of...

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steele is more realistic than other sites. Utah and Oregon have the beef! IMO some of the others are going to learn what not having the beef means. 

It will also be fun to watch the o-line get off the ball against defenses that don’t know what play is coming ahead of time. If we Duck fans knew what play was coming the opposing defense knew it as well.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Jarmillo and JPJ give us game snap repped depth players to go with Jones, Bass, Forsythe, Walk, Sala who we assume will be the starters.

We also have high quality underclassmen depth with 2nd year Bram Walden a Top 100 kid.

Incoming we have Connerly Jr the 5 star and Luli a top 200 kid. 

Edited by DazeNconfused

Not surprising that Oregon and Utah  have highly rated o-lines and are predicted to compete for the title.  I still believe that it will come down to who wins in the trenches when they play each other this year - assuming turnovers are similar..  Oregon has upgraded significantly at QB IMHO and if you look back at the games in 2021 and 2019, the teams that won in the trenches, won convincingly.   I think it will be a dogfight in Autzen this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

"As Forsyth sees it, that group, along with senior guard Ryan Walk, has unfinished business."

I bet they want to see how much fun it is to fly down the field in this brand new offense now that Mari No Offence has departed the premises. They're looking forward to scoring touchdowns instead of just plodding along to try and maintain a 1 score (or less) advantage. Looking forward to the O-Line showing out!

Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope Steele is right. Since MC first arrived our O-line was supposed to dominate. The reality was the lowest rushing yards in a decade!

We certainly have loads of experience. I think they're all 5th year seniors too.

Maturity counts for something. 

I like coach Klemm. He gives me confidence, like the O-line coach with CK.

I love how Georgia is ranked just above us. That first game is really going to be a doozy!

Yes, they have a big turnover. But their recruiting classes have been better then ours. 

What a start for our 1st year, 1st time head coach!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bo coming in at 22 behind the wealth of experience of OL should make him even more dangerous in pac 12 and beyond. expecting a shot at a final four spot if the defense can hold up.

Edited by BollisHojson9

Oregon's o-line is loaded with potential. I think as fans we love hearing these things but the lackluster results of the past few years seem to give me a bit of pause. 

Scheme hasn't helped the offensive line during the Cristobal era. The pistol was aweful. Last year Moorhead ditched the pistol and that helped quite a bit. 

But after getting thumped by Utah twice it still doesn't bode well for confidence. A major component of those losses was Brown and his inability to throw even short passes across the middle, but still. 

Though back to the potential of this offensive line. With the right development this line can be scary. I just don't think they were getting that development with the previous staff. 

• Thumbs Up 2