Haywarduck

I Had A Reaction To This Uniform

I saw a guy wearing an Oregon uniform and I got pissed off. Never would have thought I would have a reaction like that to a uniform, but bam, I was pissed.  Anyone wearing this uniform, I have to question his intent. My first thought it was a husky!

That uniform only brings back bad memories. Would anyone else have the same reaction, maybe I am just a little too sensitive?

Unknown.jpeg

I don't know 

Cal is pretty innocuous they shouldn't generate that much hate 

I actually liked it. I know we lost that game, but I liked the fact we matched the state flag and original license plates.

I own a jersey and a t-shirt as does the wife.

Sorry, I'll try and be sure not to wear it around you Haywarduck. lol

On 6/15/2022 at 12:02 AM, DanLduck said:

I actually liked it. I know we lost that game, but I liked the fact we matched the state flag and original license plates.

I own a jersey and a t-shirt as does the wife.

Sorry, I'll try and be sure not to wear it around you Haywarduck. lol

No worries, must have been some PTSD.

• Haha 1

Sometimes things just have to run there course. Our Brand’s identification with pushing the envelope of altered appearance hopefully hit the wall with Helfrich during the 2016 season.

The two games where we used  the ‘Webfoot’ and the ‘Duck’ were miserable losses, and it’s always seemed to me that those losses sent a message. Enjoy and celebrate who you are, but don’t forget: substance is still more important than style.

I’m happy with those two uni’s in the rear view mirror.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Ducks got pummeled at home. I won’t even mention the team. Never needs to see the light of day again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/15/2022 at 12:02 AM, DanLduck said:

I actually liked it.

It's in the eye of the beholder, hope your vision returns soon!

• Haha 1

I'm typically the "give me all the uniforms" kind of guy even if I don't love each one, but this was the 'fit that made me think maybe they jumped the shark.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:51 AM, Haywarduck said:

No worries, must have been some PTSD.

Maybe I just like blue. I'm still wearing a Tennessee Titans Mariota jersey. 🤣

Guest Axel
On 6/15/2022 at 9:08 AM, Drake said:

The Ducks got pummeled at home. I won’t even mention the team. Never needs to see the light of day again

I totally understand this sentiment. My initial reaction to this thread was that we should round up every single one of the blue Webfoot uniforms and light a bonfire that would make the 1933 Tillamook Burn look like a Cub Scout campfire by comparison. 

This of course was the uniform worn on October 8, 2016, when those purple-appareled pukes from up on Putrid Sound put up 70 points on Our Beloved Ducks. Rather than forget that day ever happened, we need to burn that date into our brains. Here's an idea--let's emblazon "10-8-16" on our helmets whenever we play Washington. 

In fact, let's wear this exact same uniform in every future game against those witless whackos. Let's wear it to inspire us, inflame us, and infuriate us at the memory of that infamous beatdown. Let's wear it as an incentive to never again lose to the Huskies and to run up the score on them whenever we can, without mercy.

Husky players mocked the Ducks--and the uniforms--on that dark day at Autzen six years ago. It should not be forgotten. And it most assuredly cannot be forgiven.

Yep...I have a reaction to that uniform.  🤢

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great Oregon uniforms, the guys wearing them....not so much

On 6/15/2022 at 11:13 AM, Axel said:

on that dark day at Autzen six years ago

Ducks "Light Brigade" unis.  Trouble was that it was our valley.  Oh well, I think I'll trade 12 straight for 2 hiccups any day.

• Thumbs Up 2