kirklandduck

Oregon in the Driver's Seat for Dante Moore

Given that lately it seems like our Ducks are fading in pursuit of Jaden Rashada, this is very good news for Oregon (at the moment).

• Thumbs Up 1

With these highly rated qb's, I can't help but think it ends up being all about the NIL $$.

The standard has been set by so many schools of getting big pay days for these kids, a kid would have to have some serious love for the coaches and program to pass up a big payday. 

Looks like LSU might have the inside lane as they have the last official visit and he likes Brian Kelley. Sounds like he would be a very good get.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:17 PM, DanLduck said:

With these highly rated qb's, I can't help but think it ends up being all about the NIL $$.

The standard has been set by so many schools of getting big pay days for these kids, a kid would have to have some serious love for the coaches and program to pass up a big payday. 

On 6/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, kirklandduck said:

Given that lately it seems like our Ducks are fading in pursuit of Jaden Rashada, this is very good news for Oregon (at the moment).

You could look at that way. There are 7 five star talented players coming to Oregon in the next 2 weeks. Twelve 4 star and one 3 star recruit. That's exactly how Lanning and the staff did it at Georgia and all their classes were this talented who actually signed on every year and it finally payed off with their championship year. Lanning is very bright young football mind and I feel a whole lot better with him at the helm and he hasn't coached 1 game yet that means anything than Mario ever.

Oregon will figure this out and look how Georgia beat BAMA last year, they did it with basically sub par QB play. I wouldn't say their QB was the top of the A list. They did it with great defensive game plan which was Lanning and great defenders. If Oregon say lands 4 of these 5 stars and most of the 4 stars this will indeed trump anything Mario has done.

• Applause 1

On 6/15/2022 at 1:55 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

You could look at that way. There are 7 five star talented players coming to Oregon in the next 2 weeks. Twelve 4 star and one 3 star recruit. That's exactly how Lanning and the staff did it at Georgia and all their classes were this talented who actually signed on every year and it finally payed off with their championship year. Lanning is very bright young football mind and I feel a whole lot better with him at the helm and he hasn't coached 1 game yet that means anything than Mario ever.

Oregon will figure this out and look how Georgia beat BAMA last year, they did it with basically sub par QB play. I wouldn't say their QB was the top of the A list. They did it with great defensive game plan which was Lanning and great defenders. If Oregon say lands 4 of these 5 stars and most of the 4 stars this will indeed trump anything Mario has done.

I agree with you that Georgia last year proved that you can still win it all with primarily defense within the offensive-oriented landscape nowadays.  That being said, I think that's a tougher road to travel and that teams with both great offense and great defense generally win out more often than a team with a mediocre offense and spectacular defense.  Georgia's defensive personnel last season was ridiculously stacked with NFL 1st and 2nd rounders and I think rather out of the norm, even for top 5 teams.

I don't care if it's 5* Rashada, 5* Moore, or 4+ Johnson. One of them is going to be a Duck and join the flock.

Who ever it is, they will want to be here, and not because of the money.

I believe that will be a better person and QB to join the ranks along side Harrington, Mariota, and Herbert.