Tandaian

Oregon Duck Hall of Fame Inductees 2022

Ernie Kent had a ceiling, but he was a good coach to get us to Altman who has taken the Ducks to another level.

ce67c728-1d07-4fce-bf14-fff138ba93f4-ORC
WWW.REGISTERGUARD.COM

Ernie Kent, the 2010 football team, Brianne Theisen-Eaton, Daria Panova and standout Daniel Miernicki make up the five-member class of 2022.

Ernie Kent?

I thought it was the Oregon Hall of Fame, not the Oregon Hall of Pretty Good.

It is only relative to Oregon.  Ernie has the 2nd most wins in program history.  2nd most NCAA tournament births.  He might be only a pretty good college coach, but he was one of the best Oregon coaches.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2022 at 3:56 AM, Tandaian said:

He might be only a pretty good college coach, but he was one of the best Oregon coaches.

Yes, he took us to new heights as a coach and had plenty of skin-in-the-game (on the court) as a player.  Overdue.

• Thumbs Up 3

How about that 2010 squad. The closest one to get us that "shinning city on the hill." That's why I am so stoked for the coming season. To see if 22 is the year we grab it.

We have the talent, we have the experience, we have the depth especially in both lines, and we have a favorable schedule. 

The only thing we don't have is an experienced head coach and OC. I guess I'm going to have to put on my green and yellow sun glasses. I

just don't think it will cost us any games.   

The enthusiasm is palpable. This is an emotional game. You play better when u know your good and are having fun. That's magical. That's why I believe we are going to play in PO this year and their are pundits that also see it happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:56 PM, Tandaian said:

It is only relative to Oregon.  Ernie has the 2nd most wins in program history.  2nd most NCAA tournament births.  He might be only a pretty good college coach, but he was one of the best Oregon coaches.

I see where you're coming from - if your football program has never had a 1,000 rusher, maybe you celebrate the guy who got 750 yards.  Still, I tend to think of a Hall of Fame as being for those with truly outstanding accomplishments - the superstars, not the stars.

At the same time, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Arizona Cardinals both have a ring of honor, so I'm guessing I'm in the minority among sports fans.  🙂

• Haha 1

Does that mean Coach Brooks shouldn't be in the Hall? Nah the guys who build the house are as valuable as the guys who sell it.

• Salute 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1