Charles Fischer

AMEN! Canzano: Sports World Needs to Remain an Escape

So very true, and which forum set that trend years ago? The article below is well worth the read for discussion.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

No politics policy?

But he still doesn't get it!  He admits that sports is an escape, yet he still injects his views into this and other articles.  What part of NO POLITICS do other media not get?

"I’ve had a shift of mindset in the last decade. I used to bristle when people told me, “Stick to sports.” Now, I understand that what they’re really saying is, “Man, what happened to my escape?

Right, John....RIGHT!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The problem isn't politics. 

It's how people respond. It's a lack of civility.

I do agree that sports is an escape, but it also is a clear example of how great it is when people can come together over a commonality.

I love wearing my Duck gear when we travel. We always get responses from people and 99% it's positive. 

Where else do you high five a total stranger with sheer joy!

I wish we could be a little more like sport fans everyday. 

And I do love our "forum with decorum"

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

I am shocked that Canzero contradicts himself within a 500 word column.  Deserves a Pulitzer that one.

• Haha 1

I have no interests in what anyone on this forum believes politically or spiritually. I have no interest in who you wed or bed. Your zip code or tax bracket is also of no interest of mine. 

I love to hear about what you think about Duck football. Super interested in that. I get a lot of thoughtful insights and takes on Our Beloved Ducks. Yes... more of that please.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 3:36 PM, Log Haulin said:

I have no interests in what anyone on this forum believes politically or spiritually. I have no interest in who you wed or bed. Your zip code or tax bracket is also of no interest of mine. 

I love to hear about what you think about Duck football. Super interested in that. I get a lot of thoughtful insights and takes on Our Beloved Ducks. Yes... more of that please.

I am copying the above, as it perfectly states my feelings as well.  And it makes me relieved that so many people yearn for the same thing I do...  Thank you Log Haulin!

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

Just because Duck fans views are far superior to most fans of other teams doesn’t mean we have to lower ourselves to their levels. 

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2022 at 10:45 AM, Drake said:

Just because Duck fans views are far superior to most fans of other teams doesn’t mean we have to lower ourselves to their levels. 

Well....you would be surprised at the number of Duck fans who do not share your values on this.

Our moderators hide violation posts immediately, thus you rarely see the nonsense that some people feel is their right to say in this free forum.  

People in this community are great, but it took all of us a while to adapt, to pull the fangs in.  Some newbies never get the hang of it, and take a lot of my time.  So I am grateful that the wonderful people here operate as you wrote.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

The fan base here on OBD have raised  disfunction to prowess level.   Thanks to all the posters and mods for the insights and belly laughs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, sometimes it may appear that we are hiding/deleting posts for something that is innocuous, and not going anywhere bad.

But I’ve learned the hard way to pull posts that could go political, or initiate something in that direction.

An ounce of prevention…

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck