Charles Fischer

Did Oregon Just Offer a SEVENTH GRADER?

Remember the player will be a junior in high school when he signs in February of 2026, or December of 2025.  So doesn't that make him a seventh grader now? I've heard of building relationships for years, but...

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

This kid must really have something for them to pursue him this young.

Lock em up.🤪

• Thumbs Up 1

It actually will make him a senior, graduating in spring 2026. He's going to be a HS freshman this coming year, and his QB profile says he was born in 2007- making him 14 or 15 now depending on his date of birth.  So, he can commit in December 2024. That's right around the corner. Not too soon for what's more of a symbolic offer. 

My mistake...if he is going to be a HS freshman this coming year...then that means we offered an EIGHTH GRADER?

Okay! I am easily surprised...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I'm waiting for a moment of conception offer. Let's see, mom was a track star at University of So-and-So and dad got drafted in the second round by the Falcons. Incredible push off and stroke on that flagellum. The ultrasound shows the potential for 6'4" and 230# lean body mass with a 37" vertical and a sub 4.5 sec 40. Sign that kid up for the class of 2040.

• Haha 1

Actually Oregon did that for the baby son of a Duck quarterback, John Harrington, and Joey was worth the wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Some really enlightening information on recruiting and early scholarship offers:

early-scholarship-offers.png
WWW.NCSASPORTS.ORG

Early recruiting is on the rise, with middle schoolers getting scholarship offers. For recruits at any age, it's important to know...

These early offers are obviously non-committable and are solely for relationship building. They are more common than you might imagine in the SEC. Just the nature of the beast in the modern era. On one of the Georgia blogs there is a thread entitled "Talk'n 2026 recruiting" with some meaningful discussion of the "prospects".

On 6/20/2022 at 12:45 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

These early offers are obviously non-committable and are solely for relationship building. They are more common than you might imagine in the SEC. Just the nature of the beast in the modern era. On one of the Georgia blogs there is a thread entitled "Talk'n 2026 recruiting" with some meaningful discussion of the "prospects".

Oh that's right!  Someone asked me in your forum if we had a thread about 2026 recruiting, as a measure of intensity of interest.  I pooh-poohed it, but clearly...I was wrong, as it is a thing.

You Georgia fans sure have been fun to have here with your thoughts--great people.  (And yes...I will feel that way if you kick-our-butt, as I enjoy the Utah fans who kicked our butt this last year--twice)

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think Seven McGee got an offer when he was toilet-trained--or thereabouts-- if memory serves?